DanChurchAid (DCA) invites applications for a Logistics Manager (LM) for the Syria programme. This is a non-family position based in North East Syria (NES).
The DCA Syria programme is a growing programme with a 4-year footprint. The activities are wide-ranging and include risk education, survey, clearance of explosive hazards, cash transfers, vocational training, NFI distribution, psychosocial support and school and house rehabilitation.
As the LM you will refer directly to the Procurement and Logistics Manager (PLM) and be responsible for the overall logistics management in the programme. You will be responsible for the capacity building and mentoring of the national logistics staff in NES, in compliance with the DCA Procurement and Logistics manuals. You will also act as the day-to-day focal point for all issues related to the running of the field premises, including management of premises, stock management, assets management and fleet management.
Main technical tasks and responsibilities include:
- Manage and coordinate all logistics activities in the DCA Syria Programme across all DCA offices in NES (currently four offices in country);
- Manage, capacity build and mentor national logistics staff in the programme and act as the day-to-day focal point for all issues related to the running of DCA premises and the fleet of vehicles;
- Set up and oversee systems for stock management (including stock cards, stock overview, updating our internal online system – Admind, keeping stock in safe and secure environment, etc);
- Set up and oversee system for asset & inventory management (including internal online assets and inventory overviews up to date, issuing liability agreements, report discharge items, etc);
- Ensure proper load and maintenance of generators in all premises;
- Ensure safe electrical systems and water system of all premises;
- Manage internet and communication networks and related equipment (printers, phones, laptops, etc);
- Manage fleet of rented vehicles, and coordinate staff movement between bases, in close coordination with the Security and Access Department;
- Ensure offices, guesthouses, assets and vehicles are fully functional at all times;
- Coordinate closely with DCA Iraq mission on border crossing of passengers as well as material transportation, assets management, accommodation, etc. Ensure minimum logistics-related needs are considered during the development of new proposals;
- Any other duties, as requested by the PLM and/or the Country Director.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with other members of the programme to ensure maximum impact for beneficiary communities;
- Ensure relevant induction of programme staff into DCA logistics policies and procedures;
- Represent DCA in logistics technical working groups and other relevant coordination bodies;
- Contribute to culture of excellence, continuous improvement and performance optimization across all projects;
- Be a role model for diversity and inclusion, as well as a positive role model for contributing to the team spirit.
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Degree in a field related to logistics desirable but nor required;
- At least 3 years previous experience working with an INGO and/or private sector in the field of logistics, in an international setting, preferably in conflict or post-conflict settings in Africa and/or the Middle East;
- Technical knowledge and background of general premises maintenance is essential;
- Proven experience of setting up / maintaining premises in remote locations essential;
- Previous experience of working in the field of Humanitarian Mine Action desirable;
- Proven skills in training, mentoring and capacity-building national staff;
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously and in a calm and collaborative manner;
- Ability to evaluate data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decision;
- Ability to maintain flexibility in an environment where change or revision to projects and planning is regular;
- Good spoken and written English language is essential, and Arabic is desirable;
- Excellent knowledge of computer programmes regularly used for procurement and logistics;
- High level of autonomy and willingness to spend time in field locations.
- 6-month contract starting as soon as possible, with possibility for renewal;
- A competitive salary package based on experience level, hardship allowance, cost of living allowance, R&R, 15 days of leave;
- Medical and accident insurances as per industry standards;
- An opportunity to make a difference addressing humanitarian needs in a challenging environment.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/ngojobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. Only online applications uploaded through our recruitment system and consisting as a minimum of a CV and a cover letter will be considered, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. DCA reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the deadline.
Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.