At this level, job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
To implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This position is open to Turkish nationals, or holders of a valid work permit and residency in Turkey.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted and will be invited to the next stage of the selection process.
- Applications and CV in PDF format must be submitted online with:
- English language only
- Indicate exact Positions Title
- All your job responsibilities, experience (start and end date of employment for each position: From (dd/mm/yyyy) to (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Company/Organization name and scope of work of the organization
- Contract type: part-time, full-time, volunteer, or freelancer
- Proof of your experience will be required in the final stage of recruitment.
- Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once application is submitted.
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong, or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Language: Fluent (level C) English and Turkish in both oral and written communication. Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
Experience: Minimum 4 years relevant working experience. At least 2 years’ experience in Logistic.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
- Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
- Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
- Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
- 1. Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- 2. Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.
- 3. Support management of logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
- 4. Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
- 5. Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
- 6. Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
- 7. Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- 8. Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
- 9. Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor.
- 10. Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support to informed decision-making.
- 11. Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
- 12. Provide guidance to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
14 May 2021 @11:59 p.m. (Turkey time)
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.