Brief description of HIH:
Hand in Hand for Aid and Development (HIHFAD), previously operating as Hand in Hand for Syria, was established as a UK registered charity soon after the start of the Syrian crisis in 2011 by a group of British Syrians in order to deliver humanitarian assistance to civilians impacted by the conflict in Syria. From humble beginnings the charity has grown to become one of the leading humanitarian actors serving Syrian communities both inside Syria and in neighbouring countries, employing over 1000 staff in Syria, Turkey and the UK. As the organization grows, it now handles multiple institutional donors such as UN, ECHO, International NGOs and bilateral governmental agencies.
- Participating in setting up the logistic plans in the project design process through implementing studies of prices for all procurement lists in the project design according to the direct manager instructions in coordination with the team and the projects officers.
- To oversee the logistics and purchases of the projects assigned to him and to ensure coordinating them according to the adopted time plan in the project design.
- Preparing all the required forms for procurement processes assigned to him and ensuring their conformance to the adopted logistic plan in the department in coordination with the direct manager.
- Ensuring the accuracy and authenticity of data entry in the forms of procurement processes for the projects assigned to him and to ensure commitment the adopted time schedule for all procurement processes for all projects assigned to him in cooperation with the team.
- Ensuring that all the procedures of the logistic processes and all procurement processes are in conformance to the adopted policy in the department.
- Documenting all procurement processes for each purchasing order with all the required paper forms and documents for archiving them in proportionate to the work needs and the implemented projects in coordination with the team.
- Following up the preparation of the required files for tenders of the projects assigned to him in coordination with the projects officers and ensuring that announcement of tenders is done according to a proportionate schedule to the designed procurement plan in the project proposal.
- To participate in preparing books of terms for all tenders assigned to him in coordination with the officers of projects according to the direct manager instructions.
- To ensure coordinating all tenders assigned to him according to the adopted schedule for procurement processes in the project design in coordination with the officers of projects according to the direct manager instructions.
- Receiving the quotations for tenders assigned to him, singing their reception and delivering them to the direct manager.
- To participate in open-bidding procedures and preparing reports about them in addition to reporting any violations to the direct manager according the adopted policy in the department.
- Preparing the quotations evaluation file, preparing their comparisons and submitting it to the direct manager to identify the best quotation, the best price, the best quality and the best time according to the book of terms
- Preparing the contracts and following up their signing with suppliers who won the tenders assigned to him and following up any inquiries from the supplier during the phase of signing the contract.
- To follow up coordination with the adopted suppliers for the tenders assigned to him according to the direct manager instruction in cooperation with the team.
- To ensure archiving all the required paper forms and documents to implement tenders assigned to him in proportionate to the work needs according to the direct manager instructions.
- Ensuring the quality and accuracy of all paper forms and the documents related to the tenders assigned to him and that they are in conformance to the applied procedures in the adopted policy of the department.
- Conducting the procedures of checking processes for all types of tenders materials periodically according to the direct manager instructions in cooperation with the officers of projects and ensuring that they are in conformance to the standards of the book of terms and the signed contract with the supplier and reporting them to the direct manager.
Assets and Warehouses:
- To participate in registering the organization assets according to the adopted department policy in coordination with the team according to the direct manager instructions.
- To participate in preparing and following up the paper forms and identity papers of the custodies of employees in all offices and updating them periodically.
- To participate in updating the custody data base quarterly for all the organization offices in coordination with the team and according to the direct manager instructions.
- To participate in following up the update of the custody and assets archiving system for all offices and taking into consideration the quality and accuracy of archiving system data to ensure active tracking system for all custodies and assets of the organization.
- To participate in following up the proper storing procedures in warehouses according to the direct manager instructions and to ensure their conformance to the adopted system of warehouses in addition to ensure the application of all the adopted policy procedures in the department in cooperation with the team.
- To participate in the cars register management process in all the organization offices and verify their information and paper forms in cooperation with the team in addition to verify the authenticity of the registered information in cooperation with the administrative department team and reporting about them to the direct manager.
- To participate in following up the cars archiving system in the organization in accordance with work needs and the implemented projects in addition to update the system data periodically in cooperation with the team and in cooperation with the administrative department in each office.
- Representing the department in the internal and external meetings according to the direct manager instructions such as kick off meetings and partners meetings etc …
- Representing the department in the cluster meetings according to the direct manager instructions and in cooperation with the team.
- Preparing the meetings minutes of any meetings he attends and informing the direct manager about the discussion topics in accordance to the work priorities and the purpose of the meeting.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience; preferably in the Medical sector.
- Speaking, writing, and reading fluency in both English and Turkish.
- Ability to meet deadlines, performing duties on time and possessing time management skills
- Having good conduct and manners.
- Advanced skills in Office package and computer skills.
Preference will be given to Turkish citizens.
How to Apply
- Interested applicants should fill the application vie the following link:
Only candidates who are short-listed for interviews will be notified.