MIDMAR is a non-governmental, non-for-profit organization registered in Gaziantep (Turkey) and Paris (France), dedicated to empowering individuals and communities affected by crises. Thereby, we particularly focus on the Syrian and other societies in the Middle East and Arab region, as well as on host communities and the diaspora in countries further afield.
As a Syrian civil society-focused diaspora organization with profound experience in the humanitarian and development field, we believe that supporting local communities’ capacity development and resilience is the key to unlock their potential to drive broad-based inclusive and society-led change. In a region as hugely affected by crises, social unrest and instability as the Middle East at present, we are furthermore convinced that it is this local capacity and resilience, paired with stimulating collaboration and developing networks of mutual support, that will ultimately support restoring stability and fostering social cohesion among civil society in the region and beyond.
Position: Logistic Assistant
Location: Turkey / Gaziantep
Vacancy #: JV20050
- In charge of the preparation of the office supplies and logistics needs.
- Follow-up the procurement papers according to the procurement procedure of MIDMADR.
- Work in close collaboration with the logistics team in relation to the logistics needs
- Internal logistics audit for all the logistics documents before submitting the advance settlement to make sure that all the documents are in line with the procedures.
Logistic documentation and archiving
- Prepare the needed documents for the procurements (supply Requests, Quotations, Evaluation Grid, Purchase Orders…etc) and make sure of the validation.
- Support line manager in the advance open/settlement in line with MIDMAR log and finance procedures.
- Collect invoices and organize then/translate them to match the finance requirements.
- Follow up the procurement files and all related logistics documents and organize them in the logistics archive in a systematic way.
- Assist the line manager in following up all documents related to logistics work.
- Organize and follow up the logistic stock inside the warehouse using stock cards.
- Follow up the movement of all items through stock cards and inventory report.
- Make monthly inventory report.
- Do verification for lists of inventories regularly, (physical count) using all MIDMAR tools to manage inventory.
- Check and record all the received goods and put them in the warehouse and under supervision of Line manager.
- Ensure that all items are organized and stored as well as possible (cleanliness, security, accessibility, serial numbers).
- Prepare and sign the Good Receive Note for all the procured materials.
- Institute or university degree “preferable”
Technical Skills and Experience:
- At least 1-years work experience in a relevant field.
- Proven reporting skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, word.
- English: B1 (Reading, writing, conversation).
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Stress tolerance and ability to work under pressure.
How to Apply
- To submit your request please go to the following link https://goo.gl/vnBTJc no later than Aug 05, 2020, and mention the position you are applying and code.
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in Turkey as local employees, “Turkish citizen only”.
Applications will be reviewed upon the receipt Your request and CVS. Please be advised
that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MIDMAR is committed to equal employment opportunities. We will not discriminate against applicants on race, religion, sex, age, or citizenship. Persons with disabilities are welcome to join our team. Salaries and other benefits will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience as well as local standards.