EURO-FUNDING Multilateral Projects S.L. is looking for a Team Leader for the EU funded project: Capacity Development for Market Surveillance, northern part of Cyprus
The overall aim of this project is to advance the integration of the Turkish Cypriot community (TCc) market with the EU single market and to enhance the business environment for the TCc economic operators.
The purpose of this project is to move away from the pre-import permits system and to have market surveillance as part of a wider quality framework.
Duties and responsibilities
The team leader will be engaged for the full duration of the project and will carry out the following tasks:
- Contribute directly to the implementation of all activities;
- Manage the inputs of the experts, according to the work programme;
- Organise and implement the activities in this ToR in accordance with EC rules, being responsible for the achievement of the expected results;
- Attend meetings related to the programme called by the contracting authority or the “local administration”;
- Overall coordination between the beneficiary and other relevant institutions;
- Overall responsibility for the implementation of the project main contact for the EUPSO Office, the project beneficiary and the contracting authority.
The team leader will be based in Nicosia, Cyprus. S/he will travel when necessary across the northern part of Cyprus and throughout the island to assess the situation on the ground and how to manage and coordinate the different components of the project.
Qualifications and skills
- A University degree in law or relevant related discipline;
- Fluent in English language, having worked in previous projects with English as the main communication language;
- Command of written and spoken Turkish is considered as an asset.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 8 years and up to 15 years of post-graduate professional experience in the area of free movement of goods (product safety and/or market surveillance and/or quality infrastructure), out of which at least 5 years acquired in a Member State of the European Union, in a Member State of the European Economic Area or in a Candidate Country;
- Minimum of 8 years of post-graduate professional experience in leading teams in the public or private sector.
- Proven project management, leadership, communication and coordination skills based on the CV.
Specific professional experience
- Experience in providing training and/or coaching to staff in at least 2 projects;
- Experience in non-food product safety law enforcement and IT infrastructure development in at least one project;
- Experience in communication strategies in at least 2 projects;
- Experience in working with government bodies, chambers of commerce and/or consumer protection agencies s considered as an asset.
- The Key Expert must be independent and free from conflict of interest in the responsibilities taken on.
- The absolute minimum number of working days for the Key Expert are 440 working days.
- Interested candidates are requested to send their CV (in English and in EU format only) to Francesca Xerri: [email protected]
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.