DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization working across a variety of sectors, including economic growth. We provide world class program management, analysis, monitoring and evaluation services, as well as technical assistance to a variety of public and private stakeholders. Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including the EU, USAID or the World Bank, among others. For more information please see: www.dt-global.com).
DT Global is looking for key expert candidates for the key expert position of “Digital Transformation Expert” under the framework of the EU funded tender ‘Technical Assistance for“ From Design to Production: Digital Transformation of Apparel Sector in Turkey” Project’, with a duration of 36 months and tentative start date in January 2021.
Project overview: The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is to achieve the integration of the textile and apparel sector of Turkey into global value chains by increasing the competitiveness of the textile and apparel enterprises and intermediary institutions. Turkey’s textile and apparel sector can enhance its positioning by increasing the current capacity only if it can achieve the digital transformation industry wide. In order to address the main problems, and exploit opportunities, the project is designed in a three-component/activity approach:
- Activity 1: Development of a Roadmap for the Textile and Apparel Sector and Capacity Building of IHKIB for Digital Transformation
- Activity 2: Provision of Training and Consultancy Services to Facilitate the Sector’s Digital Transformation and Social Compliance
- Activity 3: Provision of New Test and Analysis Services to Increase Environmentally Friendly Textile Applications
Digital Transformation Expert will be responsible from Activity 2 of the Project and also assist the Team Leader for the realisation of activities under Activity 1 of the Project.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in fields of computer sciences/ computer engineering/ digital engineering, textile engineering/ mechatronics engineering/ electrical engineering/ electronics engineering/ mechanical engineering/ industrial engineering/ control engineering/ systems engineering. In absence of Bachelor’s degree in above mentioned fields, Bachelor’s degree in any other field will be accepted together with 7 years of working experience in digital transformation
- Postgraduate degree in the fields specialised in digital transformation/digital technologies will be an asset
- Excellent command of English (speaking, reading and writing)
General professional experience
- Minimum 10 years of working experience following the attainment of a Bachelor’s degree (Up to 20 years of working experience will be considered as an asset)
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in provision of consultancy services in the application of digital technologies (IoT, machine learning, cloud applications, big data analytics, artificial intelligence, additive manufacturing, industrial automation and robotics etc.) in manufacturing sectors
- Minimum 1 year of experience in preparation of feasibility studies/maturity assessments/transformation plans/digital check-up/impact analysis/return of investment analyses digital transformation for/in manufacturing sector
- Minimum 3 years of experience in “competence / capability / excellence / innovation” “center(s) / hub(s) / institute(s)” related to digital transformation in a managerial position is an asset
- Minimum 2 years of experience in textile and/or apparel sector is an asset
All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.