IFRC is currently seeking an IT Officer to join the team in Ankara.
Reporting to the Head of Finance and Administration and under the overall technical guidance of the Regional Officer, IT (Budapest), the IT Officer is responsible of implementing and supporting the organizational IT Strategy as applicable to the Turkey Office. This includes delivery of high quality IT infrastructure and telecommunications environment, support all IT services in the Turkey Office, including the maintenance and support of applicable IT systems, and the implementation of global IT standards, participate in the NS IT Capacity Building initiatives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the IT/telecom equipment is operational and well-maintained.
- Provide a Service Desk function as contact for the Turkey Office on IT and telecom incidents and service requests; resolve or escalate the calls in the most efficient manner.
- Liaise with the Information Systems Department in Budapest and Geneva as needed on matters of customer incident management; enter requests in appropriate systems and utilize and improve knowledge base.
- Provide support and incident/service request resolution for the Turkey Office, including installation, maintenance and repair telecommunications and computer equipment. Participate in training and development of expertise and resources in the region.
- Advocate and implement the Federation standards and procedures in IT and telecom.
- Assist in the IT audit of Turkey office on compliance with policies and standards.
- Assist in developing Country and regional perspectives on procedures for input to the standardization process of the Federation.
- Provide technical support and collaboration with the IT and telecom resources and programs in disaster management.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting and manage Federation programs and assests as agreed in adherence with standards and processes.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by the line manager.
- Actively work towards the achievement of IFRC’s goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
- Recognized professional qualification in the area of engineering, telecommunications, electronics, computer science or equivalent technology work
- University degree, in Engineering, computer sciences discipline or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of work in computer systems (LAN, WAN TCP/IP connectivity, E-mail, application and user support domains)
- Experience in providing training and facilitating workshops
- Experience in stock and inventory management
- Experience working in a change management situation, preferably as an active participant in that change
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Ability to proved services in a diverse cultural context
- Strong knowledge of information sharing tools, and the ability to implement them
- Highly organised, with ability to create unified team approach
- Strong negotiation, collaboration and influencing skills.
- Service minded, ability to lead, delegate and manage from distance
- Expertise with systems and applications such as: Network components, e-mail systems, Client/Server systems, ISPs & IP connectivity, applications, hardware (Current are predominately Microsoft, HP, Dell and Cisco based).
- Excellent skills in wireless technologies, including HF and VHF radio
- Demonstrated track record in innovating, contributing to a learning culture, sharing knowledge and new approaches to engaging partners.
- Professional credibility, able to work effectively at all levels across the organisation
- High degree of discretion, tact and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external clients and stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural, multilingual, multidisciplinary environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Good command of Turkish
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/nonprofitjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify (on the application form & in your cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.