Job #: req2685
Term Duration: 2 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Required Language(s): English, Turkish
Preferred Language(s): Serbo-Croatian, Russian, German
Closing Date: 5/11/2019 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. In fiscal year 2018, we delivered more than $23 billion in long-term financing for developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org .
Investment Analysts work closely with IFC’s Investment Officers, who are responsible for the design, negotiation, structuring and subsequent supervision of the Corporation’s investment projects. Investment Analysts help identify new projects and assist Investment Officers in executing deals, advising private companies on restructuring, and using new financial instruments (e.g. risk management tools).
IFC seeks to hire an Investment Analyst based in its Istanbul, Turkey office.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create financial models;
- Analyze historical and projected financial statements;
- Conduct industry and market research and assist in IFC’s business development efforts;
- Review company information and prepare reports on periodic financial statements and project progress reports and other information submitted by clients;
- Prepare documentation for IFC internal processes;
- Establish and maintain quality client relationships to ensure responsive client service and to enhance new business opportunities;
- Participate in investments negotiations; and
- Participate in the monitoring of investments in portfolio companies.
- Ability to build financial models with quality references and carry out other responsibilities outlined above
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with specialization in finance
- Experience in a financial institution (2+ years) with a proven track record
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions
- Facility to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas
- Excellent presentation skills
- Fluent in English and Turkish; fluency in Serbo-Croatian, Russian, or German a plus
The World Bank Group values diversity and encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of World Bank Group member countries to apply, regardless of gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability. Sub-Saharan African nationals, Caribbean nationals, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/worldbankjobs
- If you wish to apply for this position, please specify that you saw it on vacanciesinturkey.com
- vacanciesinturkey.com will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.