Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We seek for ‘Purchasing Specialist’ who will be able to demonstrate knowledge in ABB, in Transformer Components, in Tuzla, Istanbul, with below qualifications;
- Perform purchasing activities with both domestic and foreign suppliers,
- Issuing purchase orders according to purchase requests. Obtain and evaluate offers in case there is no ready contract,
- Follow-up delivery times to ensure they are delivered at the right quality and on time,
- Record purchase acknowledgements, delivery documents and invoices. Ensure that all information are correct according to agreements, standards and legislations,
- Analyse price levels,
- Cooperate with sales, engineering, quality and planning departments,
- Coordinate relations between ABB and suppliers,
- Follow-up rejections and ensure that they are corrected in the requested times,
- Support forecast analysis. Inform suppliers about changes in purchasing volumes,
- Investigate new products and/or new suppliers in the market,
- Support Supply Chain Management in contracting and evaluating the suppliers. Contribute to Supplier Assessment from both commercial and quality point of views,
- Participate in improvement projects to support cost out activities,
- Act in accordance with ABB business ethics and compliancy guidelines,
- Always bearing in mind the responsibilities regarding, safety of own or of colleagues, safety of supplier’s employees, customers and visitors, quality of products and processes, continuous improvement, effective use of natural resources and carry out the business in an environment friendly manner are expected behavioural characteristics.
- Graduate from engineering faculties of universities,
- Mechanical or Industrial engineer are preferable,
- 2 years or more, purchasing experience will be an asset,
- Excellent command of English & Turkish language both written and speaking,
- Experience in ERP systems, preferably in SAP,
- Available for domestic or international travels,
- Very strong communication and analytical skills,
- Military service completed for the male candidates.
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.