Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We seek for “Continuous Improvement Specialist ” who will be able to demonstrate knowledge in ABB Transformers, Core Cutting Center at Dilovası location with below qualifications;
- To establish and maintain a continuous improvement (CI) culture in ABB focusing on Customer & Quality by utilizing Lean Six Sigma (L6S) as the CI methodology, within the area of responsibility.
- Works with facility management on the implementation of lean initiatives and how to lead a culture change.
- Conduct operations diagnostics to identify and recommend improvement opportunities, set priorities, launch and deliver improvement projects, and measure results with special focus on operational cost reduction
- Implementation and tracking of Lean Shop Floor dashboard (metrics) to measure back to goals. Allow visibility to work group and/or operator level.
- Support other departments in order to ensure realization of main production KPI’s via elimination of chronicle issues,
- A solid background and understanding in process flow, process design, ergonomics and lean manufacturing principles and Ability to use tools such as VSM or Material and Information flows
- Conduct root cause analysis to determine metrics, troubleshoot manufacturing and business issues, material flow, project plans, production capacity, facility design and create process documentation,
- Carrying out advanced data collection and analysis for process mapping, develop budgets and cost analysis to determine project feasibility
- Ensure coordination among Production and Engineering Departments
- Material flow system improvement activities,
- Preparation of factory and material layout plans,
- Management of employee suggestion system,
- Management of Kaizen activities,
- Preparing periodical management reports.
- University degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering,
- Experience in Lean manufacturing principles
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience in manufacturing (leading manufacturing improvements),
- Advanced level of MS Office applications, Simulation or programming experience is a plus,
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, self-motivated, customer oriented, multi-tasking, having stress management capability with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Graduated from reputable universities,
- Advanced verbal and written communications skills in English,
- Residence in Istanbul Anatolian side or Kocaeli
- Completed military service for male applicants.
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.