General Description of the Programme:
GOAL – an International Humanitarian Organisation, is an international emergency and development NGO dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest and most vulnerable. GOAL was established in 1977 and is currently operational in 13 countries world-wide.
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and is contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
General Description of the Role
The overall purpose of this role is to maintain an effective, efficient, compliant, safe, secure, operating environment in which GOAL’s team in Şanlıurfa can provide support to beneficiaries. This role is responsible for the smooth running of the Şanlıurfa office and will work closely with other GOAL offices in Turkey.
Office Management and administration
Oversee and facilitate the functioning of the GOAL Office in Şanlıurfa:
- oversee any administrative functions for the GOAL Şanlıurfa office,
- line manage support system functions within the office, liaise with technical departments to ensure that systems staff in the office have adequate support and guidance,
- support the induction of new staff in the office and ensure adequate workspace and relevant equipment is provided,
- ensure office and kitchen supplies are stocked, and facilitate basic day-to-day office running,
- support the Government Relations Manager and the HR & Legalities Advisor with local representation in Şanlıurfa as requested,
Work with the HR department in Antakya to ensure adequate HR support to staff based in Şanlıurfa office, supporting with:
- recruitment processes as requested,
- maintaining staff databases, and HR records, policy signing, timesheet collation, etc.
- ensuring staff receive comprehensive inductions and remain fully briefed on policy updates and changes and receive adequate training on core GOAL policies,
- implementing strategies that facilitate employee empowerment, motivation and promote teamwork
- ensuring the timely completion of Şanlıurfa staff performance appraisals by managers
Work with the Finance department in Antakya and Ankara to:
- Act as cashier, manage the safe and cash box, carry out cash counts and send financial reports in accordance with the Finance Manual,
- Submit monthly cash projections,
- Ensure timely payment of Şanlıurfa cash payments,
- Prepare payments request forms as needed,
- Arrange for other payments as necessary
Work with the Logistics department in Antakya and Ankara to:
- manage premises in Şanlıurfa; ensure adequate office premises are in place, leases are maintained, adequate insurance is in place, payments made etc. acting as key focal point for landlords,
- ensure timely repairs and maintenance of premises, ensure services are functional, utilities are paid for etc.
- Support the relocation of premises if needed,
- monitor cleaning staff and ensure an appropriate level of cleanliness is maintained,
- ensure a regular delivery of drinking water and office supplies is maintained,
- monitor stocks and use of consumables and the functioning of equipment/assets, and action accordingly,
- monitor drivers and ensure appropriate transport is available for staff managing local travel,
- organise and supervise daily fleet checks,
- monitor fleet records including vehicle logbooks, movement sheets, repair sheets, daily and weekly checklists,
- arrange staff travel as needed with Senior Logs Officer; airport pickups, inter-office travel etc.
- provide information to the Senior Logistics Officer and Logistics Coordinator for monthly fleet reports and quarterly logistics report
- manage assets based in Şanlıurfa, ensure staff sign for assets, complete regular asset checks and support the logistic team to maintain the asset register,
- share all information needed with Logistics officers to update Fixed Asset Register and Fleet records,
- monitor and control programme stocks; maintain stockcards, record transactions on Goods In Dockets (GIDs), Delivery Dockets (DDs), dispatch goods only after receiving Internal Requisition Forms (IRFs),
Work with the Procurement department in Antakya and Ankara to:
- ensure that all procurement is carried out in a timely manner and in accordance with GOALs procurement manual,
- collect local quotations as needed,
- support procurement committee meeting where appropriate,
- share GIDs and Contract Completion Reports (CCRs),
- collect/receive invoices as needed,
- prepare Payment Requisition Forms (PRFs) as needed,
- Provide fortnightly reports to the Deputy Head of Systems; copying the Systems Director and Technical Coordinators on issues pertaining to systems functions,
- Provide reports to the Finance team on all issues pertaining to Finance,
- Provide support to the Safety & Security Advisor as requested,
- Arrange regular “Housekeeping” meetings with Office Staff to ensure smooth running of the Şanlıurfa office
The above list of duties is not exhaustive list. The Şanlıurfa Office Manager is expected to complete additional responsibility and tasks as requested by the direct supervisor.
Requirements (Person Specification)
- Minimum two years’ experience in HR/office management,
- Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or similar relevant field,
- Experience of working in the NGO sector preferred,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Fluent in Turkish, good English language skills,
- Solution focused, team player, able to work in a flexible, supportive manner to colleagues,
- Motivated self-starter, able to make decisions and take action independently,
- Competent computer skills, in particular MS Word and Excel,
General terms and conditions
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
- Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply now button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where you saw this posting (vacanciesinturkey.com)
- vacanciesinturkey.com will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.
Applications close 28 June 2019.