Duty Station : Gaziantep, Turkey
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 28 May 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
|IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this VN, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Candidates from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Bahamas; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Cook Islands; Cuba;
Djibouti; Fiji; Gabon; Grenada; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See;
Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic
(the); Lesotho; Libya; Marshall Islands; Mauritania; Micronesia
(Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Papua New Guinea; Paraguay; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states of IOM and female candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub Office (ESEM Region) and direct supervision of Senior Programme Coordinator in Gaziantep the successful candidate will participate as a member of the IOM Syria Emergency Response Team and will provide technical programmatic support to reporting on the various projects implemented in the Country Office (CO).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- In close coordination with various project managers, assist in drafting interim and final projectreports for donors and the Regional Office based on project or programme objective, workplans and timeless set by project agreements.
- Conduct regular desk review of available needs assessments and reports by humanitarianclusters and other relevant humanitarian partners to understand and be kept abreast of developments as they relate to the programme.
- Support the production of reports and impact materials reports, donor reports, reports,presentations, and other materials.
- Conduct analysis of quantitative data and findings of collected data and determine relevantinformation for inclusion in reports.
- Contribute to regular and timely donor reporting, and provide regular, complete and concisetracking reports of the programme implementation to the Programme Coordinator.
- Conceptualize relevant infographics, graphs, maps and tables to be included insupplementary reports and updates.
- Track and answer to information requests from IOM (IOM Headquarters (HQs) and other CO) and external partners
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, International Relations, Humanitarian Affairs or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills; ability to prepare clear and concisereports;
- Very good experience in data analysis and statistics, familiar with using data analysis toolssuch as Stata and R script;
- Strong analytical, planning and people management skills;
- Familiar similar initiatives such as displacement tracking and needs assessment programmes;
- Good understanding of conflict situations;
- Excellent level of computer literacy, knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly word and excel.
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Arabic, French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential. • Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/iomjobs
- If you wish to apply for this position, please specify that you saw it on vacanciesinturkey.com
- vacanciesinturkey.com will appreciate it, if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 15.05.2019 to 28.05.2019 No Fees:
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.