Which team are you going to join?
Reporting to the Regional Director of PROPARCO (French bilateral Development Finance Institution focusing on Private Sector), the successful candidate will be based in Istanbul with the overall responsibility of assisting the Regional Director in the management of operations that have been / are to be extended in the region within Corporate, Banking and Infrastructure sectors.
Main focus – Financial institutions, infrastructures, corporates in Central Asia, Caucasus and potentially Middle-East.
What will your role be?
Under the supervision of the Regional Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
Developing Proparco’s business activity in the region
· Prospecting and maintaining a strong pipeline or deal flow of projects that meet Proparco’s financing criteria;
· Preparation of financial analysis of counterparts;
· Negotiation of summary financing terms with counterparts for new projects;
· Involvement in commercial development and appraisal process, which may require travel within the region;
Ensuring appropriate portfolio monitoring
· Follow up and monitoring of operations, including implementation and repayment of loans;
· Preparation of periodical financial reports and statistics on the activities and operations in the region;
· Assisting in the handling of correspondence to borrowers, co-financiers and other stakeholders;
· Ensuring quality control, update and compliance with Group internal policies and procedures.
Participate in active sector and country risk monitoring
· Monitor industry and market news on the relevant sectors;
· Analyze the evolution of the political, economic, regulatory and financial situation in countries of the region and how these could affect Proparco’s investments.
Who are we looking for?
Education and Experience
· MBA or University Degree in the field of Finance, Economics or Accounting or any other related field with a Post graduate professional qualification;
· At least 5 years of proven professional experience within audit, banking or financial sector;
· Strong financial analysis, modelling and risk assessment ability;
· Working knowledge of financial institutions, corporates and infrastructure projects within Central Asia Caucasus and potentially Middle-East;
· Computer literate with MS Office proficiency ;
.Excellent communication skills in English – knowledge of French and/or Russian would be a plus;
· Client relationship experience and aptitude;
· Ability to draft clear and concise reports;
· Financial modelling skills;
· Ability to make sound judgment on financial accounts and on credit risk analysis.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team and independently;
· Strong organizational skills;
· Availability to travel in the region;
· Sense of responsibility and ethics with high integrity and moral standing;
· Desire to learn and grow especially within the field of project finance, banking and corporate finance.
Job Opportunity: Investment Officer
Contact at Proparco Istanbul – please send your application letter and resume before April 15th to:
Tél : +90 (0) 533 677 99 77
Why join Agence Française de Développement?
Joining AFD means contributing to building a world in common, it is the mandate of our Group. A world in common is a world that preserves and defends these five main common goods: the planet, the social link, peace, partnerships and economic prosperity.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your letter of interest where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.