Welthungerhilfe ( www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Expert MEAL (m/f)
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. Employment location will be Gaziantep, Turkey.
As Expert for Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) you will support and advise the programme leadership and all M&E personnel to enhance Welthungerhilfe Turkey’s program quality, outcomes and impact through collaborative and effective M&E systems, research methodologies, continuous learning, and managing WHH Turkey’s key accountability systems.
- Managing the MEAL-department in the Country Office and supervision of national and international staff
- Overseeing and implementing the actions and objectives as defined in the MEAL Department strategy and action plan
- Mainstreaming M&E in project implementation and program development.
- Managing WHH Turkey’s key accountability mechanisms and reporting systems
- Designing and overseeing the implementation of the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) organisational self-assessment
- Providing technical guidance to MEAL staff on the development of MEAL plans, corresponding tools and approaches
- Representing Welthungerhilfe and reporting towards partners and other stakeholders as required
- Education (Bachelor, Masters) in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience of international relations, research, social science, gender, protection
- Experience of, and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Experience of managing/supervising, training and coaching staff
- Previous experience of working in monitoring and evaluation, research and managing projects in post-conflict environments
- Demonstrated strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including planning/participating in evaluations
- Previous first phase emergency response experience is essential
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with experience in advocacy
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and willingness for duty trips in rural areas
- A very good command of German and English, Arabic or Turkish skills are an asset
- Used to work in a politically tense environment
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance. The performance oriented remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer. Disabled persons will be considered preferentially in the event of equal qualification.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/ngojobs
- If you wish to apply for this position, please specify that you saw it on vacanciesinturkey.com