ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Established in 1950, World Vision International operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. It is a relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty. We serve all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
The scope of the organization is world-wide. Its ministries are varied depending on the needs and contexts of the respective countries in which it operates. For more information on the history of World Vision, please visit the website on www.wvi.org
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To provide support and coordination to the health Portfolio Manager in managing day to day activities, as well as efficient coordination with the field team, in order for targeted beneficiaries to have access to quality health services in Idleb governorate.
A. Technical Support
- Support projects in reviewing all procurement related specifications and relevant details when preparing purchase requisitions;
- Monitor partner activities and advise the partner on compliance with minimum standards for health;
- Prepare technical monitoring sheets for tracking the progress of health projects;
- Ensure partners supported to produce quality and timely monthly PHC reports in line with Health Directorate data tools (HIS).
- Provide 5W monthly report and monthly health bulletin reports
- Ensure partners have updated SOPs and treatment guidelines/manuals according to WHO/Health Directorate standards
- Participate in proposal development with the partners
- Promote WVI core modules on health with partners supported- attention to maternal and child health
- Participate in joint assessments and represent WVI in coordination meetings (Health Cluster, District Health meetings, NGOs etc).
- Use appropriate tools to conduct quality service provision in supported Health Facilities.
- Review and finalize all bill of quantities, technical designs and project schedules for water sanitation facilities construction/refurbishment in accordance with humanitarian standards;
- Provide technical guidance in the preparation and reviews of tenders alongside conducting technical assessment of supplies and materials required for the health projects;
- Conduct spot check of supporting documents for EERs raised by the project staff;
- Support the health team in designing and supervision health activities;
- Visit project sites/activities on regular basis and provide on the job training for the staff;
- Orient and train staff with regards to Health activities;
- Coordinate the delivery of sector specific trainings for field staff on Health best practices;
- Other duties as might be assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Health portfolio team’s capacity has enhanced and quality services delivered.
- In coordination with Grant Managers, provide technical review of MEAL reports with regards to monitoring and accountability findings;
- Collaborate with MEAL team and Grant Managers in establishing and supporting the implementation of context appropriate complaints and feedback mechanism in all operational areas.
- Improved transparency; efforts are not duplicated and wasted.
- Oversee Idleb-based Health and Shelter Technical team;
- Assist Health Supervisors with supervising the field team on day to day basis.
- Portfolio team receive timely support and activities are attended through efficient use of time resource.
- Produce weekly updates and monthly progress reports, and any other reports upon request by Portfolio Manager;
- Assist health staff in reporting and planning for all Health activities;
- In coordination health team provide quantitative progress reports and submit to Grant Managers and Health Portfolio Manager.
- Stakeholders become aware of progress and adjustments are applied to the projects in a timely manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Undergraduate degree in Health
- Strong Arabic and English communication skills (oral and written);
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability;
- Above average computer literacy.
- At least 3 years of experience in health and preferably coordination
- At least 2 years of experience with humanitarian aid work and NGOs.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong communication skills with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior members of the humanitarian community as well as with field practitioners;
- Excellent networker;
- Knowledge of Turkish language is an advantage;
- High degree of negotiation and persuasion skills;
- Ability to work with a reasonably level of comfort in high tension and high security risk situations;
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environs and physical hardships;
- Ability to facilitate the creation of cross-functional project teams and the development of national strategies;
- Understands work from a process point of view and uses measurement and accountability systems effectively; Demonstrates openness and transparency.
- If you are interested to apply, please send a cover letter and your detailed CV in English addressing relevant qualifications and experience to [email protected] e-mail. (Please ensure that CV includes names and contact details of at least 3 referees/references).
- In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention the title of the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the interview.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate (in your e-mail and cover letter) where you discovered this job posting(vacanciesinturkey.com).
The deadline for submitting the applications is 17 July 2019. Applications submitted before the deadline will be reviewed and considered upon receipt.