Jouri Consulting (Jouri) is an independent research and consultancy firm registered in Switzerland with a presence in the Middle East through country offices and partner organisations.
We’re here to do development differently – more empowering, impactful, fairer and with evidence. Jouri aims to model fair and ethical international consulting in the MENA region. If you share our passion to make the development consulting field fairer to both the consultants who operate it and the communities who benefit from the work done in this sector, we warmly welcome you.
· Closing date for applications: 8th Jul 2021. Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
· During the Covid-19 emergency, we accept applications for home-based working provided applicants live in a similar time zone to Jordan/Turkey (e.g EET or GMT).
· Applicants are expected to be able to travel to the MENA region when needed.
· Competitive salary is available.
· Contract period is 6 months with the possibility for extension.
The head of the TPM and Evaluation Unit will provide leadership, management, and technical direction for the delivery of Jouri’s monitoring and evaluation services for Syria and the wider Middle East.
The head of the TPM and Evaluation Unit will work with Jouri’s MEAL team and report directly to the managing partner.
The head of the TPM and Evaluation Unit will have the following responsibilities:
· Lead the design and delivery of the monitoring and evaluation assignments.
· Support the articulation, development and roll-out of innovative MEAL approaches and methodologies that reflect both professional best practice and meet the technical requirements of our clients.
· Develop technical and analytical frameworks, monitoring and evaluation matrices and tools for awarded grants and projects.
· Provide technical content for proposal writing for the third-party monitoring and evaluation projects.
· Provide technical guidance for the implementation of the third-party monitoring and evaluation activities, through training and other on-site support.
· Manage and provide leadership on independent monitoring and evaluation projects, including management of personnel and the representation of Jouri where needed.
Ensure effective management of the monitoring and evaluation contracts, focusing on the following:
· Maintain a cooperative relationship with all key stakeholders, including INGOS, CSOs, bilateral organisations and donor partners.
· Participate in external supervision and evaluation missions in the Middle East.
· Produce and/or contribute timely inputs toward quality reports and deliverables for final evaluations, assessments, and research reports; MEL training materials; information dissemination; and capacity building plans for the MEAL team.
· Utilise expert data visualization and mapping products, using geographic information technology to communicate analysis and research findings.
· Build the capacity of the MEL team and provide guidance and assistance on the design, implementation, and utilisation of project evaluations, such as mid-term and final performance evaluations, whole-of-project evaluations, and impact evaluations, as required.
· Provide quality assurance for commissioned independent evaluation and TPM reports.
Education and Experience
The candidate will have:
· A Master’s degree in international development, M&E, economics, statistics, research methods, political science, or a related field.
· At least ten years’ experience in managing research and performance management activities, including knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation, and learning.
· Extensive experience in research design, data collection methods, and mastery of the design and implementation of qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methodologies for international development projects and programs.
· Strong familiarity with key humanitarian actors and donors in the field, including FCDO, USAID, GIZ and UN agencies.
· Experience of working in fragile and conflict-affected countries.
· Excellent report writing skills, ability to synthesize and present complex concepts to a non-technical audience.
· Proven ability to manage, work on, or lead an evaluation team.
· Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
· Experience with performance management systems and indicators measurement.
· Excellent project management skills and team management skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people from different cultures.
· Prior experience managing projects in the Middle East, specifically Syria.
Written and oral fluency in English (required); Arabic is an advantage.
How to Apply
- If you are interested in applying for this position, please use the link to upload your cover letter and C.V. Please ensure that your documents are titled with your name.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your emai & cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.
Jouri is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We will respect your confidentiality and abide by international data protection laws.