General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
Which role is available?
We are seeking to hire a full time HR & Admin Assistant
Reporting to the HR & Admin Manager, the HR/Admin Assistant will be responsible for providing support to the HR team. The job will involve all aspects of HR such as recruitment, staffing, training, contracts, payroll, leave, performance & development, maintenance of records etc. This position demands excellent HR knowledge and strong organisational skills. The incumbent must have good management, interpersonal and organisational skill and the ability to report accurately
The HR & Admin assistant performs a wide range of duties including some of the following:
- Supporting the HRM for the day to day running of the base HR
- Maintain the HR Department’s filing system and ensure that all personnel files are up to date and complete
- Provide reports to the HRM on a regular basis to agreed format.
- Follow up with all tasks assigned by HRM.
- Ensure all staff have up to date contracts
- Ensure all staff whose contracts are not going to be renewed are informed at least one month prior to the end of their current contract.
- Ensure staff whose contracts are to be renewed are informed in writing prior to the end of their current contract.
- Ensure all contract terminations are appropriately documented and all owed monies are paid to the departing staff member.
- Maintain leave plan for all local staff and update monthly
- In consultation with line managers, ensure that there is cover for staff going on leave
- Keep paper and soft copies of all approved leave requests.
- Keep track of issues in Harem relevant to HR such as the introduction of new policies.
- Ensure HRM is informed about any HR issues.
- Ensure all staff have a valid Goal ID card.
- Ensure that all employees personnel files are UpToDate.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor Degree from a recognized university
- Good level spoken and written English and fluent in written and spoken Arabic
- Previous experience working in a HR role would be an advantage.
- Syrian with previous working experience in Syria
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation
- Staff management experience and good inter-personnel skills
- Excellent IT Skills
- Enthusiastic and keen to work hard to achieve the objectives of the organization.
- supervisory skills, Team building skills, Problem solving skills, basic counselling skills, and negotiations skills
General terms and conditions
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
- Then apply for this position via clicking on the “apply now” button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate (on the application form and in your cover letter) where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you discovered this job posting.
Deadline to Apply for this position is :18th August 2019.