General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
A key function of this position is to lead the distribution programme team through the stages of distribution including:
- Support needs assessment done by GOAL and review needs identified by relief committees
- Registering the relief committees and informing committee of GOAL program and GOAL beneficiary criteria
- Draft beneficiary list preparation
- Verification (Checking) of beneficiary lists
5.Following up mobilisation of beneficiaries by relief committees to attend
- Organising distribution of items to beneficiaries in an orderly manner
- Post distribution monitoring
The post holder will be responsible for the following duties in relation to distributions:
- Provide leadership/ encourage other 2 members of the FFP distribution programme team in each stage of distribution.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationship with the relief committees in the villages assigned to you. At a minimum you should speak to the relief committees twice a week.
- Ensure transport is booked in advance from GOAL logistics to ensure program team can go to villages and that the trip has been cleared by the Security Officer/Focal Point. Record mileage on the vehicle fuel form before you set off. Check the driver is clear on where he is going and if there is sufficient fuel. Ensure the team returns back to the office before 5.15 pm each working day
- Ensure for all stages of distributions documents are filled in, signed by programme manager, filed and entered in the database on a daily basis.
- Assist the programme manager with planning the daily and weekly work schedule for the team.
- Provide the distribution program manager with a daily update at the end of each day on the following:
- Security situation in the GOAL villages and neighbouring villages
- Program progress made during that day compared to the plan
- Any difficulties encountered and how they were overcome
- Community of relief committee complaints
- Inform the program manager what documents from your team are not yet updated on database.
- Observations about other organisations doing relief/ humanitarian work in the villages where GOAL works
- Meet on a weekly basis with the GOAL logistics/ administration team members to reconcile program distribution records to the stock records. This will be done by comparing dispatch dockets, daily distribution summaries and stock records.
- Hard working
- On time
- Respectful of the community and other staff members
- Thorough in maintaining documents
- Represents GOAL in a professional manner
- University Degree or undergraduate 3rd or 4th year in field sciences or any relevant study.
- Experience of working in Syria
- 3 years work experience is desirable.
- Flexible about working long hours
- Detail oriented and strong clerical skills
- Some computer skills (MS Word and Excel)
- Good communication skills (written, spoken), demonstrable writing skills in English and Arabic
- Availability to travel for up to 80% of the time, work and stay overnight in programme areas
- Prepared for working in an insecure environment
General terms and conditions
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
- Then apply for this position via clicking on the “apply now” button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate (on the application form and in your cover letter) where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you discovered this job posting.
Deadline to Apply for this position is: 18th August 2019.