Duration: 01.11.2019 – 28.02.2021
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Turkey dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Turkey signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Turkey’s efforts to host approx. 3 mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see www.giz.de/turkey).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Finance and Administration Officer on a full-time contract to support the HLP Project in Gaziantep.
The Finance and Administration Officer responsibilities and duties are stipulated below:
The Finance and Administration Officer is responsible for:
- the administration of the project, including financial administration, contract preparation and content of counselling projects funded
- administration of Financing Funds
- preparation of contracts (up to 2,500 EUR) as per request on the basis of Terms of Reference and/or documentation provided
- performs the formal bidding process as per GIZ rules and regulations
- prepares contracts for signature
- follows up on payment procedures in cooperation with the finance/accounting department in the regional office and GIZ headquarters
B. Required qualifications and experience
- BA in business administration, accounting or equivalent.
- at least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- excellent knowledge of funding, contracting, finance, accounting and procurement procedures
- documented training or many years of work experience as a financial expert
- experience with international donors, knowledge of GIZ method desirable
Other knowledge, additional competences
- full computer literacy, advanced use of MS Office tools
- able to communicate effectively in English and Arabic (knowledge of German an asset)
- general knowledge of accounting, finance, procurement and financial monitoring and reporting readiness to travel in Turkey and to other GIZ offices in the neighbouring countries of the region
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
- Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV, reference letters and a cover letter stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to [email protected] ,(max.3 MB) with the reference of (Ref: Finance and Administration Officer HLP) latest by 11th of September 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate (in your e-mail and cover letter) where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you discovered this job posting.