Bahar Organization is an independent non-profit and non-governmental organization that provides humanitarian aids to vulnerable people without any discrimination in all its forms. BO is operating to response for the needs and basic requirement of the humanitarian crisis in Syria in the middle of the affected communities caused by the conflict the basic principles of BO’s activities are to enhance the basic life standards to the affected population by delivering the humanitarian aid based on the needs.
Overview of Position:
The Education Officer is responsible for all aspects of technical and non-technical project implementation, including the preparation, planning, organisation, and coordination with all the supporting departments to ensure proper and timely implementation of the project activities in accordance with the work plan, in addition to regular documentation for all the steps of project implementation.
Reports to: Program Coordinator.
The overall responsibility of the Education Officer will be to implement and manage Education project in Syria in terms of the following:
- Manage and supervise the project field staff in all the areas of implementation, and providing them with regular support.
- Facilitating and conducting regular meetings with the field team to monitor the implementation and providing support to ensure adherence to the work plan, as well as, safeguarding policy, and code of conduct.
- Support in developing\adapting reporting templates that fit the project’s activities, and M&E tools with the program coordinator; building the field teams’ capacities to be familiar with the reporting tools and approach.
- Submitting regular narrative, 4Ws reports, media documentation, and any other reports requested by the donor or Education cluster to the program coordinator\donor\Education cluster.
- Effectively attend and represent the organization in Education cluster meetings, workshops, and meeting with donors.
- Regular supervision of program progress, track and check field reports, and ensure that activities are technically sound and implemented in a timely, safe, and efficient manner, in accordance with the project work plan.
- Identify and report any gaps or challenges during program implementation; working on resolve the problems under the supervision of the management.
- Updating the project work plan regularly and sharing it with the respective supporting departments and parties.
- Submission of PIRs, and following up with the supporting departments on the materials and actions needed.
- Full and comprehensive documentation of all the project activities according to the department adapted approach.
Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in Education programming.
- Experience in managing education field teams in several locations concurrently through remote management is desirable.
- Experience in writing narrative and technical reports in English.
- Good command of excel, word and other office applications.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Transparency, Problem solving, and team working skills.
- Interested candidates should apply by sending their CVS and a cover letter to the following email address: [email protected]
- Candidates need to indicate the Position applied for in the subject line
- If you wish to apply for this position, please specify that you saw it on vacanciesinturkey.com
- The post will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.