IDIL is a humanitarian organization, founded and established in the Syrian city of HomsThe organization was founded in 2012, when a Syrian grassroots group of volunteers from different ethnical and educational backgrounds came together to support their fellow citizens, suffering from the escalating Syrian crisis.
We are a team, unified by a common belief in human dignity, peace and sustainable development. The objective from the beginning was, and is up to the present day, to support civilians in war and crisis, in particular the most vulnerable, to relieve their suffering and strengthen their resilience to help them overcome the crisis.
Finance officer (Grants Management)
Line Management Responsibilities:
Full / Part Time
Duties and responsibilities:
The Finance officer will perform the following duties:
Financial and budget management:
- Prepare and maintain project budgets; on a monthly basis prepare Budget versus Actuals including brief commentary on matters identified.
- Oversee the invoices’ payments and coding, making sure that all the payments are properly charged to the project and coded according to the system in place (from a range of sources: salary costs, supplier invoices, expenses claim).
- Coordinate and support budget realignments and annual budget reviews, when relevant.
- Prepare and regularly update spending plans, lead the preparation of forecasts, including for donor reporting.
- Monitoring income from donors and funds transfers.
- Revise and update tools and templates for budget management and donor reporting.
- Produce quarterly financial reports to the donors.
- Act as a focal point and coordinator of narrative reports for grants and support the drafting of the reports.
- Ensure that financial and narrative reporting meets donor requirements, quality standards and is submitted in compliance with donor reporting deadlines.
- Develop and provide reporting templates to relevant teams, ensure use of consistent templates.
- Ensuring compliance with the donors and Emissa’s grant management and financial policy, procedures and regulations.
- Maintain tracking systems for grants and other office systems, including inputting raw data into tracking systems (grants database).
- Train staff on tools and templates, and donor regulations, as required.
- Supporting the project team with event arrangements (participants, venue, etc.).
- Supporting in preparing materials for briefing events and meetings.
- Contribute to a positive working environment by being accessible and available to team members and to representing their professional and personal concerns to the Board of Directors.
HQ office Accounting
- Preparing monthly financial reports for the organization.
- Following up the projects fund requests.
- Coordinate with the projects accountants.
- Bachelor degree or Middle institute degree in finance or accounting.
- 3-5 Years’ experience in finance and accounting.
- Experience of accounting software (Preferably: QuickBooks).
- Experience of setting up coding structures to support donor reporting and Excellent – level in Microsoft Office Applications especially Excel.
- Good computer & communicating skills (search engines, emails etc.).
- Expertise in writing and editing proposals
- Knowledge on project budgets and financial management.
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to be flexible and to work well under pressure, to deal with multiple competing priorities and to multi-task, and to manage time effectively
- Good communication skills.
- Very good level of English language skills.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/nonprofitjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.