The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 192 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The Executive Assistant will provide day-to-day administrative and programmatic support that may be necessary for the effective and efficient running of the IFRC Turkey office and for the representation role by the Head of Office. The position entails building and exhibiting trust and confidence, and the post holder will handle a wide range of contacts with stakeholders including with IFRC, TRCS, other Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) National Societies, Government departments, embassies, partners, and the international donor community. The position will also provide administrative support for programmatic activities and events as well as interpretation and translation (Turkish-English) as required.
Executive assistance to the Head of Office
- Fulfil various duties including management of Head of Office schedules; receiving and screening requests for meetings.
- Identify and handle confidential or sensitive material and information professionally while protecting the interests of the IFRC Office.
- Receive and screen visitors and communications including phone calls and email messages and provide assistance using independent judgement to determine requiring priority attention.
- Ensure timely and accurate transmission and exchange of information, and follow up to ensure feedback is provided, necessary actions taken and deadlines met.
- Take minutes of the meetings, circulate minutes as necessary and follow up decisions with the respective teams/staff.
- Assist in translating Turkish to English either in verbal or written form as required
- Filing and archiving of important documents and correspondence of the IFRC office
Support on external relations and coordination
- Support the role of external relations, coordination and cooperation with all components of the RCRC Movement, with national authorities, international organisations, donor governments, embassies and other organisations.
- Liaise with internal and external contacts/stakeholders to promote a good and positive image of the Federation through information exchange and professional feedback.
- Lead and coordinate the organisation of appointments as required, follow up and support for the management of relations with relevant Government entities including the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and with diplomatic corps, UN agencies and other Non-Governmental Organisations.
- Develop and maintain a database for all external relations of the office
Logistics and administrative support
- Oversee travel requirements for Head of Office and key staff members including: invitation letter, travel order, visa processing, transportation, per diem, cash advance, accommodation arrangements, materials/documents, etc.
- Lead and support the organisation of events, seminars, workshops and trainings as required by the IFRC Country Office.
- Revision and proof-reading of key documents, presentations and correspondence as required by the Head of Office and his team.
- Draw up programme for visitors of the IFRC Country Office.
University Degree in Business Administration or any other relevant field
- Working experience in a humanitarian organisation
- At least 3 to 5 years of work experience as an executive and/or administrative support
- Experience in interpretation and translation
- In-country contextual understanding and operational experience
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Good stress management skills
- Self-supporting in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent spoken and written Turkish
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Communication – Teamwork
- Professionalism – Integrity – Diversity
- Results focus and accountability
The Federation is an equal opportunity employer.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/nonprofitjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify (on the application form & in your cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.