Job Announcement for RTA Language Assistant (LA) for EU-Twinning Project
A Resident twinning adviser’s Assistant is sought for an EU Twinning Project entitled TR 16 IPA JH 05 19 “Strengthening the institutional capacity of Personnel Training Centres of the Penal Institutions” .
The project will be implemented by Finnish and Estonian consortium through the Criminal Sanctions Agency of FInland. The implementation period is 21 months. The RTA Language assistant will be employed by Criminal Sanction Agency of Finland in charge of the Twinning Management.
Starting Date for Employment
Place of Employment
Directorate General for Prisons and Detention Houses (DGPDH) in Ankara, with possible short trips to different locations within Turkey.
1.Support the Resident Twinning Adviser’s Assistant in her/his daily tasks
- Interpretation during missions; meetings, workshops, seminars, trainings and other project events from English to
to Turkish and vice versa
3.Translate documents, regulations, training materials, information materials and other written materials from English to
to Turkish and vice versa
4.Draft of written materials with relation to the project in Turkish and English
5.Substitute RTA Assistant under his/her absence
6.Perform other assigned duties
- University degree
- Professional fluency in oral and written English and Turkish
- Excellent drafting skills in English and in Turkish and ability to elaborate documents
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Good communication skills
- Organized and precise
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications (MS Office, Word, Excel)
- Strong administrative and organizing skills, ability to work with minimal direction/supervision
- Ability in the preparation of administrative and technical reports and various working papers for the project activities
- Capacity to provide efficient organisational and logistic support related to training, study tours and visits to the EU Member States
1.Knowledge of Turkish Public Administration, European Commission and international projects will be an asset
2.Previous actions in international technical assistance projects, and/or actions working with European and/or international organisations is an asset
- Previous actions in Twinning Projects will be an advantage
- Previous actions in drafting reports and minutes will be an asset
- Knowledge of electronic information exchange
- The monthly salary will be 2000 € (gross).
- Contract services will be signed for existing implementation period of the project (approximately 20 months) with the Criminal Sanctions Agency of Finland
- Working hours: According to organisation timetable where office is located and, anyway, to the project scheduled activities.
- Flexibility regarding working hours in the office is required. Overtime may be necessary at times.
- Working place is in Ankara. Travel inland and abroad may occur.
How to Apply
- Please send your application, CV Europass + Cover Letter via e-mail to:
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your email and cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.
Deadline: 6 October 2019
Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
More on twinning projects: https://ec.europa.eu/neighbourhood-enlargement/tenders/twinning_en
The assistant shall not have been in any contractual relation with the Beneficiary administration during at least the 6 months preceding their hiring.
The assistant will sign a service provider contract and must have a status of self-employed. It will be his/her sole responsibility to comply with all legal requirements for self-employment as well as to cover all related taxes and charges. The selected person must annually provide a tax certificate which proves that he/she pays taxes in Republic of Turkey and a bank certificate that certifies the bank account ownership.
Resident Twinning Adviser
Twinning-project: “Strengthening the institutional capacity of Personnel Training Centres of the Penal Institutions”