Posting Date: 16-Sep-2019
Location: Istanbul, TR
|Division||VP, Human Resources & Corporate Services|
|Dept. / Bus. Group||Administrative Services|
|Business Unit||Resident Offices Services Division|
|Posting End Date||30/09/2019|
Purpose of Job
The main scope of this position is to ensure, as part of the Resident Offices Services Division (ROSD) team, the planning, implementation of office space related project management of the Bank’s Resident Offices across the Banks countries of operations (currently 59 offices in 36 countries and growing), with particular focus on Turkey and SEMED region. The role is responsible for managing and central support in operating the Resident Offices facilities in an efficient and cost effective manner, providing a high quality, modern, and safe working environment for Bank staff and visitors.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
To ensure all facilities operate at optimum efficiency and relevant projects are concluded on time to the required standard within budget, the role holder will need to:
- Proceed with the evaluation, selection and acquisition of RO premises by assessing and researching the respective real estate market for the Bank’s needs in sometimes difficult and remote locations
- Prepare and conduct full presentations (contractual and technical) for evaluation by the Associate-Director, Head Resident Offices Services Division.
- As requested, responsible for contractual and technical negotiations with potential and current landlords, negotiate lease agreements, liaise with all internal stakeholders (OGC, OCCO, BIS, IT, Banking, etc.);prior to the signing of lease agreements with a view of achieving the realistic financial results including financial incentives such as fit out contribution and rent free periods.
- Responsible for fit-out specifications and costing for the fit-out works of new premises, expansions and relocations in order to ensure the project in on time, on budget and to the required level of quality;
- Manage the fit-out works for new premises, expansions and relocations;
- Provide advice to local RO Management on all matters relating to maintenance contracts, for large premises this involves preparing and leading a tender before entering into a contract as and when needed;
- Troubleshooting and problem solving regarding matters related to fit-out or services break-down in the ROs, this will involve thinking outside the box, putting temporary measures in place as well as managing the final solution.
- Monitor the real estate market in COO to explore the market conditions relating to availability, rent, lease terms etc. in relation to potential new RO premises; with aim to ensure efficiency and prudent budget use.
- Manage and review the preparation of all relevant tender documentation (RFQ, RFP, ITT) in order to ensure the timely and effective implementation of tender processes;
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of space allocation standards and space allocation designs/layouts;
- Actively participate in the establishment, review and subsequent implementation and maintenance of guidelines; on acquisition and reinstatement of premises.
- Liaise with local and HQ staff of the IT department on all matters of fit out and operations;
- Manage the establishment, review and subsequent implementation of facilities management programs in the ROs;
- Implement approved RO premises policy and guidelines on the operation and management of all premises in COO;
- Liaise with the Banking Department with regards to business plans, staff projections, future headcount, space requirement and technical requirements for each RO;
- Coordinate with IT, Security and Health & Safety and apply agreed criteria to each RO having specific regard to local conditions, threat and seismic assessments, etc.;
- Develop and maintain training programme for staff in ROs in local support of activities related to the acquisition and maintenance of the RO premises;
- Manage the development of standard documents, templates and forms in relation to the operation of the ROSD;
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- The incumbent must possess relevant, demonstrable experience in the performance of the duties as described and have proven skills and experience in:
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of property management;
- Experience in project management, contractual and real estate practices.
- Facilities management and experience in managing fit out projects covering both technical and financial aspects;
- Excellent English language skills, both oral and written;
- Working knowledge of any other languages of the Bank’s COO would be an added advantage;
- University level education with a degree (or equivalent) in relevant fields;
- Membership of local / national professional institutions or societies, preferably an Association of Engineers, Architects or Surveyors, is advantageous;
- Computer Literate. Knowledge of AutoCAD is desirable
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/ebrdjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter how (vacanciesinturkey.com) you heard about this position.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, CAD, Drafting, AutoCAD, Finance, Engineering