- Announcement Number:
- Hiring Agency:
- Embassy Ankara
- Position Title:
- Open Period:
- 11/24/2021 – 12/08/2021Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE – 1010 5
- USD $12,896
- Work Schedule:
- Full-time –
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
- Telework Eligible:
- For More Info:
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 9. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
• All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (44 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (4-6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Not Required
Basic Function of the Position
Working in the Motor Pool unit of the General Services Office (GSO), the Dispatcher coordinates daily as well as advanced assignments for all drivers to schedule transportation for post personnel and official visitors. Coordinates among users and drivers to meet requests and ensure efficient operations; handles emergency transportation requests as needed. Arranges work shifts, shuttle and other official trip schedules to meet all transportation needs. Serves as team leader to provide guidance and direction to chauffeurs on vehicle operations, safety measures, as well as specific instructions on transporting VIPs. Ensures drivers’ appearance is presentable, and vehicles are clean and in good operational condition. Reports any inappropriate behavior and rule violation; ensures compliance with safety regulations.
Minimum of two (2) years of motor vehicle dispatcher or fleet management experience is required.
Good knowledge of host country traffic laws, vehicle licensing, registration, and procedures. Detailed knowledge of host country streets, traffic patterns, and commonly visited locations.
- Education Requirements:
- Completion of high school is required.
Level III English (Good working knowledge) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required and Turkish level III (Good working knowledge) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required. This may be tested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
A valid Turkish driver’s license is required
Strong leadership, technical, and administrative skills.
Basic keyboard skills and skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook applications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Ankara, Turkey may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local Security Certificate.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Copy of ID (Mandatory Document)
- Copy of diploma (Mandatory Document)
- Driver’s License (Mandatory Document)
- Military document (for male participants) (Mandatory Document)
- Certificate or License
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter how (vacanciesinturkey.com) you heard about this position.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Ankara, Turkey.