The Danish Consulate General in Istanbul is offering a 6-month fixed term contract as Consular
and Administrative Officer. The successful applicant will join a team of experienced colleagues in a
stimulating, multicultural environment.
TASKS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consular assistance to Danish citizens in distress (also outside office hours if necessary).
- Assistance to Danish Citizens and persons with a permanent residence in Denmark in civil law matters (passport, drivers licence, marriage, divorce, legalizations).
- Assistance to Security and Crisis Management officer.
- Handling of a wide range of administrative matters; including preparation of custom declarations (takrir) for diplomatic and official shipments, submission of MFA ID applications on behalf of posted staff, archiving and overall administrative support in the day-to-day management and functioning of the Consulate.
- Potentially assist in protocol matters related to official visits.
- Official written communication with Turkish and Danish Authorities.
- University degree/and or relevant working experience.
- Knowledge of consular work will be an advantage
- Fluency in spoken and written English; knowledge of Danish will be an advantage but not a condition.
- Fluency in Turkish is required.
- Team player with the ability to work independently.
- Well organized, responsible, loyal, flexible and service-minded.
- Ability to make decisions fast and to handle stressful situations.
- Good communication skills.
- IT knowledge (MS Office Programs)
The Consular Officer will be appointed according to regulations for local staff at the Consulate General in Istanbul with a starting date, expectedly, on 1st February 2020 or soonest hereafter.
The appointment is subject to a successful security clearance taking place in Denmark.
The salary will be based on experience and skills.
- Interested applicants who believe they have the necessary professional and personal skills should send a motivation letter (incl. a CV) in English to: The Consulate General of Denmark, Email: [email protected].
- Applications should be clearly marked: “Consular Officer – Istanbul”.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & motivation letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Application deadline: 13th December 2019.