Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative is seeking a Finance Manager for an anticipated U.S. Department of State-funded project in Syria, Iraq, and Yemen. The project will focus on working with stakeholders to understand and support access to accurate information in the region as well as across the project countries. The Finance Manager will also ensure continued program collaboration with Creative Home Office in Washington DC.
The Finance Manager will be based in Istanbul, Turkey. S/he will provide overall financial management and oversight for the project and will work closely with the Project Manager and Project Director. S/he will be implementation-focused and responsible for amending systems in place to guide activities through the Activity Cycle, from concept to closure, working with and through multiple teams: Programs, Grants, and Finance. This position will also be a liaison with the Home Office to ensure full compliance with regulations and policies with regard to implementation of effective internal controls.
Reporting & Supervision
The Finance Manager will report directly to the Project Director or their designee.
- Establish and maintain financial management and accounting control systems for program expenditures;
- Ensure that the project meets all donor contractual requirements and complies with donor policies and regulations;
- Receive and account for all funds for the project (performing weekly and monthly cash checks);
- Liaise between Creative Associates’ field and headquarters offices;
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting and review of project expenses;
- Participate in budget planning and realignments as required;
- Track the transfer of funds between headquarters and the field office andmanage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses, including developing spreadsheet programs for tracking and monitoring all financial project activities, and maintaining spreadsheets with current project expense data;
- Provide Project Director/HQ updates on the status of fund requests and work with Finance and Contracts (F&C) in Washington, DC to ensure the timely transfer of funds;
- Submit wire transfer requests for field offices to F&C for processing;
- Process check requests and wire transfer requests for payments to vendors in compliance with contract requirements;
- Review and process invoices and in-field fee payments in accordance with Creative accounting procedures and contract policies;
- Manage personnel and payroll office staff and procedures;
- Maintain project financial and contractual files and maintain a database of accounting documents, in both electronic and hard copy;
- Consolidate accounting data into a monthly return to be forwarded to Headquarters in paper and electronic copies;
- Prepare the requisite financial documents and vouchers;
- Ensure monthly field expense reports; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or financial management desired with at least three (3) years of experience required;
- Previous financial management of a donor-funded project in project region;
- Public or private sector management, financial analysis, cost accounting and relevant experience preferably in developing countries;
- Demonstrated capacity to manage a complex financial management or general ledger system;
- Fluency in English required; and
- Fluency in Arabic required.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/istanbuljobs
- If you wish to apply for this position, please specify that you saw it on vacanciesinturkey.com
- vacanciesinturkey.com will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.