Concern Worldwide works with the world’s poorest people to transform their lives.
Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Concern has been working in Turkey since August 2013. We are looking for a qualified Logistics / Fleet management Officer (National Post).
Job Title Logistics / Fleet management Officer
No. and Locations Sanliurfa
Reporting Line Logistics Manager
Supervisory Responsibility Drivers
Closely work with Logistics staff and internal customers
Job Status Fixed term – 12 Months (extendable)
Job Grade D GRADE
Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Manager to manage Concern transport pool for Turkey office including rented vehicles according to the transport manual and security management plan in order to provide efficient and secure transport for official use.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the movement of vehicles between Sanlıurfa Office and the field offices.
- Ensure the vehicles are used in accordance with Concern’s Rules and Regulations and that vehicle usage data is correctly recorded.
- Oversee and ensure that the usage of fuel is correctly managed, and logged and recorded.
- Ensure the monthly vehicle report is timely completed and the data are accurate.
- Coordinate with all Programme department managers to determine transport requirements and schedule transport to meet them.
- Train and supervise drivers.
- Inspect and record vehicle condition on the daily maintenance checklist provided
- Keep documents current such as registration, insurance, vehicle logs, daily inspection reports, etc.
- Provide advice on applicable fleet issues that affect the overall logistics operation
- Provide monthly reports on vehicle use and fuel consumption, vehicle mileage summary.
- Together with the Logistics Manager and Programme staff, plan weekly vehicle movements ensuring efficient use of vehicles.
- Ensure vehicle maintenance, insurance, licensing and documentation are in place and correct.
- Support and promote the standards outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct to their team, beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment
- Any other duties as assigned by the Senior Education Officer and Area Manager
Minimum Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Bachelor Degree level qualification, ideally in Logistics, Engineering or similar.
- Minimum three years’ experience in fleet management or logistics.
- Good written and spoken Turkish and English language skills.
- Computer literate with good MS Office skills particularly Excel.
- Computer literate with good MS Office skills
- Competent with using Computers, especially Microsoft Office Word andExcel spreadsheets and Outlook
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Previous INGO working experience
- High integrity and demonstrated ability to follow standards and policies
- Ability to work in a systematic and organized manner
- Ability to attend details
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values
- Commitment to adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct and Associated Policies
- Keeps a positive and constructive attitude to getting the job done
- Observed as trustworthy, honest and reliable
- Stays focused on objectives when the unexpected occurs, through flexibility and resourcefulness
- Focuses on solutions to problems rather than dealing with blame
- Prioritizes safety and wellbeing of self and others
- Systematically monitors the quality of work and maintains high standards
- If you feel that your qualifications and experience match our requirements, and you share a commitment to Concern’s values, please send both a covering letter and an up-to-date CV to [email protected]
- Please note, both CV and cover letter should be in English and the role you are applying for set out clearly in the email subject-header
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you discovered this job posting.
Equal opportunities: Concern values diversity in the workplace and is a committed equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of gender, race, family or marital status, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, class, caste or religion.
- Please detail the position applied for in the email subject-header
- Please detail the location applied for in the email or subject-header
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
- Application Closing Date:20.08.2019
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has an organizational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organization, and the standards of behavior expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
- vacanciesinturkey.com will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.