Concern Worldwide works with the world’s poorest people to transform their lives.
About Concern: Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Concern has been working in Turkey since August 2013 and currently looking for 1 (One) qualified Programme Assistant – Livelihoods (National Position).
Job Title: Programme Assistant – Livelihoods
Location: Gaziantep (with extensive travel to neighbouring districts)
Reporting Line: Programme Officer – Livelihoods
Working closely with: Education Programme team and MEAL team
Job Status: Fixed term – 1 year (extendable)
Job Grade: E
Job Purpose: The Programme Assistant – Livelihoods is responsible for efficiently and effectively implementing livelihoods support component of the Building Tomorrow Programme in Turkey in line with Concern’s organizational strategies, policies and procedures as well as donors’ procedures and regulations. The jobholder will support livelihoods team to conduct awareness works and guidance for promoting/ increasing Turkish language and vocational training opportunities among the refugee communities in the designated province.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct daily works of the livelihoods component of the programme as guided by Livelihoods Programme Officer and Senior Livelihoods Officer
- Follow daily and weekly works planned by Livelihoods Programme Officer
- Promote livelihood opportunities provided by the Building Tomorrow Programme
- Support/facilitate implementation of trainings in the designated province
- Document project activities, progress, learning and report on activities
- Facilitate and participate in assessment and provision of equipment supply for vocational high schools and training centres in collaboration with designated government staff
- Regularly follow beneficiaries’ attendance and prepare the incentive payment lists regularly
- Identify beneficiaries challenges throughout the training implementation and report to line manager regularly
- Identify challenges in livelihood related trainings, and develop solutions in consultation with Livelihoods Programme Officer
- Follow standard operating procedures for the incentive scheme
- Work closely with Education, Infrastructure and teams for quality delivery of programme
- Support on design and plans for Turkish language and vocational training as well as life skills trainings
- Support best practice in teaching and literacy in schools and Public Education Centres, with a focus on vocational and life skills trainings
- Prepare reports, maintain record of enrolment and attendance according to the guidelines provided
- Support and promote the standards outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct to their team, beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment
- Any other duties as assigned by the Livelihoods Programme Officer
Minimum Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in economy, social science or related discipline
- One year experience in vocational training, Turkish language training, entrepreneurship and/or income generation activities
- Computer literate with good MS Office skills
- Fluent in written and spoken Turkish
- Experience and knowledge of social cohesion
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Have experience in developing teaching materials, preferably materials to support students learn a vocation and life skills
- Have Excellent communication skills
- Are commitment to humanitarian principles and values
- Have high integrity and demonstrated ability to follow standards and policies
- Are meticulous with attention to detail
- Have the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct
- If you feel that your qualifications and experience match our requirements, and you share a commitment to Concern’s values, please send both a covering letter and an up-to-date CV to [email protected]
- Please note, both CV and cover letter should be in English and the role you are applying for set out clearly in the email subject-header
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you discovered this job posting.
Equal opportunities: Concern values diversity in the workplace and is a committed equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of gender, race, family or marital status, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, class, caste or religion.
- Please detail the position applied for in the email subject-header
- Please detail the location applied for in the email or subject-header
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
- Application Closing Date: 21.08.2019
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has an organizational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organization, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
- vacanciesinturkey.com will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.