Concern Worldwide works with the world’s poorest people to transform their lives.
Job Title: Driver (to drive assigned car(s) owned or rented by Concern)
Location: Gaziantep and Hatay
Reporting Line: System officer, Logistics Admin Assistance
Job Status: 1 year
To drive assigned car(s) by Concern owned or rented car rented by Concern safely, ensuring proper maintenance of vehicle as per Concern Transport Regulations. This includes ensuring while vehicle is used for official Concern trips maintaining vehicle log sheets books; ensuring regular vehicle servicing is carried out; reporting of any fault or accident involving the vehicle; supervising any vehicle repairs; keeping vehicle clean and tidy; and ensuring all passengers and cargo are carried safely. Work with log manager on quality and price of the fuel supplied to vehicles for monitoring.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To safely drive the Concern rented vehicle for official trips following official procedures.
- To drive defensively and according to all Turkey traffic laws and regulations
- To make vehicle available as required for field trips or within city area and be responsible for presenting log sheet/book for the user to record official journey.
- To report any technical fault in the vehicle, supervise the repairs/maintenance work as required.
- Immediately report any accident or security incident/risk to supervisor
- Complete accident and incident reports accurately and in a timely fashion
- Sign and reconcile logbooks as required on daily basis, record the fuel on log sheet as it is purchased.
- To be responsible for the security of the vehicle on duty and to ensure no unauthorized person drives official vehicles.
- To fasten seat belt in the vehicle and ensure passenger in the vehicle also fasten seat belts whilst driving. Do not smoke, and do not speak with phone during the drive.
- Encourage passengers to observe road safety rules and Concern Turkey procedures regarding road travel (such as no smoking, observing curfew, etc), and report any breaches of these to your line manager.
- Maintain records of any official purchases including provision of accurate receipts for fuel, parking and needs for car maintenance, cleaning and repair.
- To clean the vehicle on regular basis
- Ensure vehicle is serviced on time
- Other appropriate tasks that support the work of Concern in Turkey as requested
- To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct and Association policy.
- Perform routine and timely check of vehicle roadworthiness as per following checklist, unless these are carried out by hire company:
- change motor oil and oil filter
- Change fuel filter and water for cleaning the windows.
- check oil level in manual transmission, transfer and differential gear
- check brake conditions including pads, discs and other brake components
- check clean-air filter
- check brake-, power steering- and clutch fluids
- check fan belt
- grease all greasing points
- check condition of spare wheel and jack
- check condition of vehicle fire Extinguisher
- maintain First Aid Kit in vehicle
17. Inform log for needs of car maintenance and repair.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience and Attitude Required
- Must have a valid driving license and clean driving record and criminal record.
- Must have at least five years driving experience including experience of driving 4 wheel drive vehicles in difficult terrain.
- Must be familiar with defensive driving techniques and project area
- Literate in Turkish
- Written and spoken English is highly desirable
- Technical diploma in vehicle repair and maintenance is desirable.
- Willing to work in the field as per need of the project activities including occasional overnight stays away from home base
- Non-judgmental attitude and respect for Concern’s beneficiaries, other staff and people that Concern deals with
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values
- Commitment to Concern equal opportunity and gender practice
- If you feel that your qualifications and experience match our requirements, and you share a commitment to Concern’s values, please send both a covering letter and an up-to-date CV to [email protected] .
- Please note, both CV and cover letter should be in English and the role you are applying for set out clearly in the email subject-header.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you discovered this job posting.
Equal opportunities: Concern values diversity in the workplace and is a committed equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of gender, race, family or marital status, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, class, caste or religion.
Please detail the position applied for in the email subject-header
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
Application Closing Date: 18.08.2019
Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Association policy
Concern Worldwide has a staff Code of Conduct and a Programme Participant Protection Policy which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organizations, and the standards of behavior expected from them. In this context staff have the responsibility to the organization to strive for, and maintain, the highest standard in day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission.
Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide would be expected to sign the Programme Participant Protection Policy and the Concern Staff Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract employment.
Any breach of Concern Staff Code of Conduct or the Programme Participant Protection Policy by employees of Concern Worldwide during the course of their employment will result in disciplinary action up to, and including dismissal.