KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Media and Visibility:
· Attending external Media and Visibility related meeting and workshop with donors and coordination platformed.
· Coordination with the Media and Visibility team internally and externally with Donors and humanitarian coordination platforms such as (OCHA).
· Coordinate with SARD media and Visibility team and follow up with media products such as case studies, awareness leaflets, video editing, photos and other media and visibility materials.
· Coordinate with program departments and provide success stories on a monthly basis (for internal and external use)
Safety and Security (S&S):
· Security focal point: revising and updating security plans and strategies including risk management, contingency planning, Risk assessments;
· Developing Local Safety plans for Syria and Turkey and keep it up to date,
· Develop conflict analysis reports, produce scenario planning and maps;
· Updating Local Security Plans (LSPs) according to the situation;
· Produce security alerts, reports and advisories for both Syria and Turkey on a daily, weekly and/or on ad hoc basis.
· Produce and develop access surveys and incidents reporting tools and ensuring the reporting is done in a timely manner
· Report access issues and incidents externally to stakeholders through their tools in addition of leasing and follow up with the access issues on field level (Safety and Access Team) and HQ level.
· Coordinate and participate in S&S workshops conducted by SARD in coordination with SARD S&S technical advisor including the support of the capacity building for SARD Safety and Access Team (SAT).
Coordination and representation:
· Support in collating information for proposal development, donor information requests, by managing information for regular situation analysis (humanitarian needs, security, maps, political, media, from other agencies/actors)
· Attending relevant clusters/sectors including other relevant stakeholders such as (AWG, OCHA, GFFO, INSO) and any other relevant meetings when requested by line manager (Director).
Any other related tasks as requested by the supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, International relations and/or in a relevant field of study.
· At least 2-3 years of experience with a humanitarian organization.
· Experience writing concept notes, proposals and managing information related to large-scale emergency response and reporting to donors (ECHO, UNHCR, OCHA…..etc.)
· Strong understanding of the Syrian context and ongoing conflict.
· Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
· Ability to meaningfully contribute to decision making processes.
· Strong communication skills, ability to organize and coordinate processes across a number of departments.
· Flexible, able to cope with stressful situations.
· Ability to work with limited resources/supervision
· Competent in MS Excel, word processing, Power Point, and tools useful in program reporting such as mapping.
· Fluency in English, strong written English is essential. Fluency in Arabic is a plus.
· Consistent adherence to humanitarian principles.
All SARD members (staff, volunteers, partners and interns) are committed to SARD policies such as, Code of Conduct, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Child Safeguarding Policy, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter in English mentioning the subject as ‘’ Communication and Reporting Coordinator ‘’ to [email protected] before the closing date of August 15, 2020.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Unsuccessful applications will neither be acknowledged nor returned. Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered.