CARE International in Turkey (CARE), together with its partners, is providing humanitarian assistance to people affected by the Syrian crisis, both in Syria and Turkey. CARE began projects responding to the needs of Syrian refugees in southern Turkey in October 2014.
This Project Officer position will sit within the Cross Border Program team for projects implemented in northern Syria, based in Gaziantep. Under the Cash-based response Manager’s guidance and supervision, the Project Officer work with the program team and implementing partners operational in Syria to ensure program objectives and activities are implemented per defined workplans. In addition, support in program quality and identifying issues, challenges, gaps to be responded in time.
The Cross Border program team works to maintain the current mandate and commitments to the partners, donors and develop new strategic & gendered program to ensure effective & efficient delivery: As part of this team, the Project Officer will be involved in developing and implementing in partnership a quality program, engage in learning on newly emerging aspects of humanitarian and resilience programming for protracted crises, incorporating components of protection, gender integration, economic empowerment, market analysis, and involvement of private sectors.
|Job Responsibility #1 |%40||
- Support project and program manager to effectively manage the sub-granting process by preparing sub-grant documents, contract amendments and maintain program grant files.
- Develop, review and adopt project work plans on a regular basis for assigned projects in collaboration with project manager and partner staff
- Receive data collected by partner’s staff and cross check data for accuracy and quality.
- Analyze data and draft reports where required.
- Set up and maintain the database and information management systems at base level for ER projects
- Generate program tracking reports and templates.
- The focal point in communication with the assigned MEAL team, reviewing the MEAL plans and MEAL tools
- Work with the partners to review and verify emergency response projects’ documentation and templates.
- Ensure CARE and partners implement grants in a manner that meets contractual obligations including all donor and CARE policy, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Participate in regular team meetings with cross border colleagues and partners to ensure projects are implemented per agreed work plans and to support them to do this.
- Monitor project progress and expenditures in coordination with the CARE Project Manager and Grants officer.
- Translate documents and materials from English to Arabic and Arabic to English.
Job Responsibility #2 | %40 |
Program and Project Information Management
- Produce clear and quality reports, including but not limited to 4Ws to clusters, inputs for Sitreps, donor reports that demonstrate good accountability.
- Coordinate with the partners and related clusters’ information management focal points to ensure proper coordination and information sharing mechanism are in place.
- Produce statistical analysis and reports on project data on request.
- Work closely with the information management team to provide relevant information and data.
- Support to conduct situation monitoring needs assessments, baseline surveys, evaluations, and third-party monitoring activities
- Regularly update cross border portfolio, reporting matrix in close coordination with program managers and resource mobilization team
- Provide relevant project briefs, factsheets, and updates to consultants, third-party monitors, evaluation agencies and any other internal and external parties as assigned by the project manager.
- Work alongside Project Managers and to ensure databases are updated accurately on a weekly basis.
- Identify errors within the ER databases and present potential solutions.
Job Responsibility #3 |%20|
Capacity Building of partners
- Work with partners and coordinate training and other capacity-building initiatives as needed by specific projects with program and program support departments.
- Work with the partners to activate and enhance partners’ preparedness plan and follow up the actions required to improve the preparedness plan implementation and quality.
- Identify priority areas for capacity building and work with the Program Manager and Partnership Coordinator to provide additional training and support.
- Ensure all disputes that may arise with partners are resolved in an amicable manner in close consultation with the program management team and Partnership Coordinator.
Bachelor Degree in Humanitarian Response, Development Studies or relevant technical field
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/gaziantepjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **