The Manager for Procurement & Logistics (Cross Border Operations) will be responsible to plan and monitor all the procurement & logistics activities of respective partners working cross border into Syria. The position will not deal with any of the other procurement and logistics aspects of the Country Office. The position will also identify vendors with the objective of effectively meeting the procurement & logistics requirements across the mission and services within the procurement & logistics policies and procedures, strategy, organizational values, and guidelines. Under the direct supervision of the Operations Director, the Procurement & Logistics Manager (Cross Border) will take a leadership role in executing effective and efficient procurement, logistics and warehouse services and asset control management for all CARE partners (working cross border into Syria) in CARE Turkey ensuring values and competencies in maintaining transparency, integrity and compliance with established rules and regulations of CARE and the respective donors. This position will also be responsible to lead the development and implementation of asset management, the planning, development, implementation and management of the key procurement & logistics strategies that includes the creation and evaluation of formal request for proposals, negotiating contracts, demand management, supplier relationship management and seeking out new opportunities to support CARE’s plans. Undertake performance management reviews for direct reports and draw up development action plans as necessary;
Responsibilities and Tasks
Job Responsibility #1: Partners Procurement Management (working cross border into Syria)
- Manage the entire process in the planning of procurement activities, ensuring effectively-functioning processes to avoid costly delays;
- Coordinate the procurement for all partners in Turkey above the $10K threshold; oversee the procurement activities of the partners inside Syria (through the CARE’s procurement and logistics consultants inside Syria);
- Ensure effective lines of communication between the Project/Programme Managers and the procurement team (working for cross border operations) to ensure priority requirements, timely delivery of goods, works, and services using the CARE procurement procedures and guidelines:
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with the CARE’s Procurement Manual, Donor’s Regulations;
- Implement effective internal control, proper design, and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system for projects and related reporting requirements for all procurement and logistics functions of the respective partners;
- Work closely with the Procurement and Logistics Manager (for the CO operations) to ensure effective use of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Procurement, control of workflows, continuous business monitoring and improvements in systems and processes;
- Manage and monitor all transactional procurement including tendering processes, evaluation, contracting, contract management, legal considerations, payment conditions, contractors, performance evaluation and risk assessment for all partner’s procurement done within Turkey above the $10K threshold;
- Review in detail the Online/Offline Purchase Requisition including the relevant charging codes;
- Ensure timely preparation of procurement plans for projects and monitor their implementation by controlling processes including receipt of requisitions, organization of RFQ, RFP, receipt of quotations, bids and proposals, evaluation and negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with CARE Procurement Policy & Procedures;
- Review Summary of Bid Analysis (SBA) and Prepare Online/Offline Purchase Order ensuring that the products or services are of high quality with reasonable prices including the preparation of a clear justification for vendor selection;
- Develop and manage the list of suppliers, elaborate supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement;
- Lead the establishment and management of professional procurement services through Long Term Agreements or Frame Work Agreements;
- Review weekly, monthly and quarterly procurement status report for all purchases and share Offline Report with SMT, respective partners, and all Project Managers on a weekly basis;
- Promote a zero-tolerance for violations of procurement policies and procedures;
- Coordinate with various teams on the delivery schedule, payment approvals and vendor payments to avoid any unnecessary delays;
- Upholding information with respect to the international organization’s purchasing or procurement strategies, programs, and events on a regular basis
- Attending and participating in Logistics Cluster meetings and share the update with the Operations Director
Job Responsibility #2: Partner’s Assets Control and Vendor Management
- Provide input and advice on key strategies, policies, procedures, systems, and processes as they relate to assets, vendor and warehouse management;
- Coordinate with the logistics unit and make sure all Partner’s Assets are recorded, counted and verified and tagged as per the required asset policy;
- Work closely with the respective partners to ensure yearly and bi-annual physical count process of Partner’s Assets with full documentation and reconciling with the partner’s Master Asset registers;
- Recommend for disposal of Partner’s Assets as per the respective Donor’s regulation coordinating with Program Managers, Operations Director and at Donors level, if required;
- Work closely with the respective partners in the implementation of asset management and maintenance providing professional oversight to protect the donor’s resources;
- Provide strategic advice to the CARE of Turkey’s and Partner’s management to support the implementation of and adherence to effective asset management principles;
- Ensure CO asset master register for all partners is updated assigning of Asset Tag according to Policy and the maintenance of proper records;
- Working directly with partners, assess and manage risks associated with current assets and work to minimize losses on assets;
- Ensure that partners regularly complete the asset trackers on a monthly basis and do verification at the partner’s locations inside Syria and conduct asset counts and submit a report to the Operations Director;
- Ensure the partner’s asset management systems and procedures are in conformity with the current polices and donor’s rules and regulations;
- Works closely with the partners in ensuring that the monthly warehouse reports are regularly conducted through the CARE’s Procurement and Logistics Consultants (inside Syria) by visiting the warehouses of partners and conduct random or monthly physical counts of all items belonging to the CARE operations and submit a regular report to the Operations Director;
- Ensure the establishment of an Approved Vendors List of vendors inside Syria for all partners;
- Work closely with the Partner’s Procurement Coordinator to check and verify Vendor References, with other INGOs and the Logistics cluster, on a regular basis to ensure that the partners are dealing with reliable and genuine vendors;
- Provide regular updates on all visits to the vendor’s premises (inside Syria) to verify their capacity, area of expertise, reputation, any gaps, existence and to report directly to the Operations Director;
- Ensure full compliance with the BIS requirements for all assets provided to the respective partners. This would include regular asset count for all partners with proper recording.
Job Responsibility #3: CARE’s and Partner’s Supplier Management and Procurement Inside Syria
- Work with the partners in evaluating potential suppliers (both in Turkey and inside Syria) using developed and agreed criteria to support alignment and understanding of the expectations and requirements of engagement;
- Monitor and report on the performance of selected vendors to ensure timely delivery in line with contractual obligations and performance metrics;
- Manage outward communication to vendors to facilitate understanding and awareness of organizational strategic direction, changes, and challenges;
- Manage the interaction between vendors and internal program deliveries to provide adequate visibility of interdependent initiatives and program activities;
- Liaise with procurement vendors to review, report on and revise contractual agreements as necessary;
- Monitor initiation of vendor enlistment process; review checklist, vendor evaluation, documentation, and comparative statements; for vendor selection processes;
- Generate and implement efficient sourcing and category management system;
- Working closely with the Operations Director in ensuring enterprise-wide needs for due diligence, risk assessment and continuing vendor monitoring are being accomplished;
- The tracking, measurement, reporting, and evaluation of vendor performance and ensure yearly vendor de-activation process in PeopleSoft;
- Ensure Bridger Check is done for all Partner’s Vendors;
- Identify and implement enhanced efficiencies associated with vendor management;
- Participate in formulating workflow processes for vendor selection and management;
- Timely communication with suppliers in order to speed up the delivery of goods and services as needed performs quality checks in order to see that vendors are not delivering substandard goods;
- Ensure the maintenance records of approved suppliers. Recommend the removal and blacklisting of vendors to the Operations Director based on their performance and other reasons as appropriate. The Operations Director makes a decision about removal of vendors in the vendors’ list;
- Ensure that the Procurement and Logistics Consultants inside Syria provide the necessary support in providing assurances that all procurement and logistics activities done inside Syria are according to the policies and procedures;
- Support the partners to enhance internal control and procedures for better procurement management for all procurement done inside Syria with a threshold of more than $3,500. This would include the CARE’s Procurement and Logistics Consultants inside Syria participating in all partner’s procurement with a value of more than $3,500 ;
- Support the partners in the procurement planning process which assumes market analysis and vendor profiling ;
Job Responsibility #5: Logistics and Warehouse Management for Partners Inside Syria
- Ensure the proper management of warehouse inside Syria in compliance with the Supply Chain Management principles and the respective donor regulations;
- Support partners inside Syria through the Procurement and Logistics Consultants in ensuring the layout and efficient space utilization and oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution, dispatching and maintenance operations of all the CARE’s relief items received by the partners inside Syria;
- Support partners in the management of stock control and reconcile with a data storage system and account for inventory accuracy through monthly cycle count and bi-annual physical inventory;
- Work directly with partners in the Implement end-to-end supply chain management to ensure product visibility throughout the supply chain process;
- Ensure that partners are adhering to all warehousing, handling, and shipping legislation requirements and maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in all the CARE Storage facilities;
- Provide the needed logistics support to Programme management and partners in ensuring customs clearing formalities and hand over of commodities to the respective program;
- Liaise with suppliers and transport companies and receive feedback; monitor the quality of services provided;
- Develop and implement training, supervision, and monitoring plan to ensure that logistics policies and procedures are adhered to by staff;
- Make recommendations to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations during times of Disaster Response;
- With the support of the Procurement and Logistics Coordinators inside Syria conduct physical counts; reconciling with data storage system;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Administration/Logistics
- Masters Degree in related field plus finance background
- The position requires the professional experience of 5 years in the management of administrative & logistics procedures, of which at least 2 years at managerial level.
- Financial knowledge and Arabic Language
The discharge of the position requires technical and professional skills acquired through mid/long term experience, with the following degree of complexity/depth:
- Good knowledge in accountancy and fiscal policy;
- Good knowledge of procurement & logistics management, desirable knowledge in the norms of relevant donors and/or funding agencies;
- Good knowledge of management and execution of procurement and logistics procedures;
- Good knowledge of the status of development and the social context of the Country in general; and
- Good knowledge of English.
- Good computer skills
Given the responsibilities and level of accountability of the position, please list the performance competencies in order of importance. These will be used both for recruitment and performance management.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested candidates, please send a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post to [email protected] and [email protected] .
- Reference Code: Procurement & Logistics Manager
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your email and cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
“Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidates“
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **