I – Position Summary
The Logistics Officer position is part of the program support department and the position exists to directly support logistics functions and requirements as part of the country office supply chain management. This includes the management of the organization’s assets and logistics.
Specifically, the Logistics Officer will assist the Procurement and Logistics Manager to manage and support CARE ‘assets, storage, warehousing and the complete supply chain management to ensure the effective implementation of projects. The position is responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of logistics needs of CARE Turkey office and also providing support to other departments.
The position reports to the CO & Turkey program Procurement and Logistics Manager.
II – Responsibilities
Job Responsibility # 1: Effective Management of CO’s Assets (50%)
- Receiving of all new procured assets from vendors as per the approved Purchase Orders;
- Coordinating with the Procurement Unit to prepare all the necessary documents to record the asset’s details as per the procurement document and assigning CARE Assets ID Tag;
- Maintain a proper filing of all documents related to CARE’s Assets (new, old, lost, stolen items etc.)
- Be a Custodian of all CO Assets and ensure that these are properly and physically secured under lock and key;
- Prepare the necessary of Assets Handover form and assigning any assets to staff;
- Collect physically all assets from the staff at the time leaving CARE verifying record with Asset Master Register
- Conducting of the physical count of CO Assets and property reconciliation report for all the CARE offices (the main offices in GZT, Urfa, Ankara and other locations)
Job Responsibility # 2: Management of Food and Non-Food Store/Warehouse (50%)
- Receiving of Project materials from the vendors and ensure proper storage of Food and Non-Food Items in the storage rooms located in the GZT offices;
- Maintain proper store/warehouse record-keeping and initiate to dispatch from the warehouse/store as per the approved Distribution Plan
- Ensure that all Waybill/Dispatch Order are completed and signed and ensure the acknowledgement of receipts by the program teams;
- Assist the Procurement Team in order to ensure the supply chain process is managed well by CARE Turkey;
- Prepare online GRN based on offline GRN received from program team or admin team.
III – Requirements
- Related education and training and experience with managing Logistics and Supply Chain processes in an emergency context
- University degree in Administration, Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- 2 – 3 year-experience in Administration, Logistics & Supply Chain management
- Experience managing Assets, Procurement processes and Logistics operations
- Knowledge of logistics and supply chain management system and procedures
- Good communication and writing skills
- Good networking capability
- Ability to organize and facilitate training sessions
- English speaking skills.
- 2 to 3 year-experience in the not-for-profit organization with experience in complex emergency environments
- Knowledge and skills: Knowledge of CARE policies and procedures, Sphere and the Red Cross/ NGO Code of Conduct
- Good Turkish Language Skills ( Both written and spoken)
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/nonprofitjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
“Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidates“
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.