CARE International in Turkey, together with local Syrian NGO implementing partners, is providing much needed humanitarian assistance to alleviate the impact of the crisis in Syria in a highly complex, fluid, remote-management environment. Due to access and security issues, CARE is working exclusively through partners to deliver aid in northern Syria.
This Livelihoods coordinator position will sit within the Cross Border Program team for projects implemented in northern Syria, based in Gaziantep. Under the Livelihoods Program Manager supervision, the Livelihoods coordinator work with program team and implementing partners operational in Syria to ensure program objectives and activities are implemented per defined work plans. In addition, it is expected that the Livelihoods coordinator will ensure that all grants for which s/he is focal point are implemented in a manner that ensures the highest accountability standards and compliance for internal (partners, client/beneficiaries and CARE country office and CI members) and external (donors, local stakeholders) clients.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Follow up with project Implementation 50%
- Follow up with partner Implementation of delegated livelihoods projects according to strategy, proposals, budgets, and planned milestones.
- Assist the Livelihoods Program Manager to break down the annual operational plans into detailed implementation plans, to ensure timely monitoring for achievements against target and raising red flags for delays or off-track activities.
- Plan and follow up the cash for work activities with the partner team such as field assessments, market price monitoring, and distribution of cash stipends.
- Assist the livelihoods Program manager to ensure the successful completion of assigned projects including follow-ups on reporting matrix, project close-out procedures, final close-out documentation, grant filling requirements and safe storage of final project documents in the centralized filling system.
- Assist to initiate procurement of goods and services as required by assigned projects and coordinate with program support departments on the timely delivery of services.
Project Information Management and Reporting 30%
- Ensure that delegated activities beneficiary’s identification is based on the agreed selection criteria together with Livelihoods Team and partner.
- Support partners and CARE to conduct situation monitoring, needs assessments, end line surveys, evaluations, and third-party monitoring activities.
- Provide relevant livelihoods project briefs, factsheets, and updates to consultants, third party monitors, evaluation agencies and any other internal and external parties as assigned by a Livelihoods Program manager.
- Produce clear and quality reports, including but not limited to inputs for Stirpes, donor reports that demonstrate good accountability.
Partner activity delivery is aligned with CARE’s Procedures 20%
- Ensure CARE and partners implement grants in a manner that meets contractual obligations including all donor and CARE policy, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Take the responsibility of the review and the validation of activities’ beneficiary information and databases, and provide feedback for improving the quality of activities
- Ensure (with input from CARE’s livelihoods team that work procedures and if relevant standard operating procedures (SOPs) are in place, understood and being carried out.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, agriculture, civil engineering or relevant education degree.
- Demonstrated ability to work in partnership with other organizations.
- Strong understanding of gender issues and experience in integrating these into program practice.
- Ability to work with; support and influence others.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Proven strong experience in Planning & Reporting.
- Ability to speak & write in Arabic.
- Ability to identify and implement opportunities for innovation.
- Ability to work within coordination mechanisms and as necessary represent CARE in external meetings
- Prior experience of implementing and monitoring Livelihoods activities
- Experience in program monitoring, coordination and information management.
- Excellent command of Excel and other data management software.
- At least 3 years of experience in Project Management.
Duty station: Based in Gaziantep with occasional travel to regional meetings.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/nonprofitjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.