CARE in Turkey, in association with partner organizations, is providing humanitarian aid to alleviate the crisis in Syria. Due to access and security issues, CARE is working with partners to deliver aid in northern Syria. CARE is implementing multiple projects inside Syria through partnerships with local organizations.
I – Position Summary
Under the overall supervision of the MEAL team and direct supervision of MEAL Coordinator, the MEAL officer worker will be working in close collaboration mainly with MEAL team and in some cases with program teams. S/he will be responsible to support in various tasks including the following activities; data entry, database review, data cleaning, documentation & archiving, coding tools and reports translation. Post responsibilities can be summarized as below.
II – General Function
- Under the supervision of the MEAL Coordinator, this position will undertake varies tasks in order to support the MEAL officers in tasks related to database review.
- Based on CARE’s data quality process perform data check on kobo databases on a daily basis for the submitted data to determine the irrational data and work on correction with support from MEAL officers.
- Based on the quality check document, S/he will give feedback to the submitted data from partners to the dedicated MEAL Officer
- Support MEAL team with translating tools, reports, databases, presentation, learning material Arabic to English vice versa.
- Contribute to the monitoring tools development by translating the tools and ensure the functionality and the appropriateness.
- Support the coding of monitoring tools using on a digital platform (Kobo).
- Work closely with MEAL Officers on storing and archiving all the monitoring documents on a pre-defined structure.
- Perform any other task as required by supervisor.
IV – Qualification and skills
- Experience of data collection and analysis, conducting surveys/assessments or other relevant experience.
- Arabic and English (written and spoken).
- Strong experience in knowledge or database management.
- Strong skills in Ms. Office, esp. Excel, word.
- Good documentation skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of CARE International (esp. Humanitarian Ethics)
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Previous experience working in humanitarian programs.
- Previous experience working in MEAL.
- University education with a focus on IT skills and/or Statistics.
- Knowledge of and experience using open source platforms such as Open Data Kit (ODK), Kobo Collect.
V – Work conditions
Duty station: 100 % Office work
VI – Contract length
6 months (with a possibility for extension)
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested candidates, please send a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post to [email protected]
- Reference Code: MEAL Office Worker
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you discovered this job posting.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
“Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidates“
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
- vacanciesinturkey.com will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.