Full-Time: 37 hours and 30 minutes per week
Salary: 11,765 TRY per month (gross)
About the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
The role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australia’s security, enhancing Australia’s prosperity, delivering an effective and high quality overseas aid program and helping Australian travellers and Australians overseas.
The department provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Australian Government. DFAT also works with other Australian government agencies to drive coordination of Australia’s pursuit of global, regional and bilateral interests.
About the position
The Senior Research Officer collates and analyses information on economic and political developments in Turkey, Azerbaijan and Georgia and supports the policy team with policy monitoring and advice.
The key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide high-level translation and interpretation at official meetings and calls by the Head of Mission (HOM), Deputy Head of Mission (DHOM), and other senior Australian staff and visitors including VIPs.
- Monitor, analyse, report and advise on economic, commercial, political, security and legislative developments and issues.
- Develop and maintain a wide range of key contacts with politicians, government officials, academics, think tanks, and NGOs, and harness them to obtain information of relevance for diplomatic staff.
- Attend and report on conferences and meetings on behalf of the Australian Government.
- Assist with the development of the Anzac Day and other high-level visit programs, including accompanying delegations.
- Manage the Embassy’s social media channels – including generating content, monitoring sentiment and other metrics and providing advice on enhancing engagement.
- Monitor media and keep contacts with media representatives.
- Manage the Australian alumni program.
- Relevant tertiary education and strong research and analytical skills for in-depth understanding of economy and trade policy, and domestic and international politics.
- Extensive knowledge of economic/commercial and political developments, legislative and administrative framework, public and private organisations and other stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and Turkish.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, within a small team.
- Other duties as required
Please address each of the selection criteria for the role in the spaces provided on the application form. Drawing on your prior experience, please provide examples of where you have demonstrated the required competencies or transferable skills.
The word limit is strictly 250 words per response. The panel will not assess responses that exceed the word limit.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high-level translation and interpretation for official meetings and telephone calls undertaken by senior stakeholders.
- Experience providing high-level analysis and reporting on economic, political or security developments and related issues, including the preparation of briefs for senior management.
- Ability to develop and network with a range of key contacts including politicians, government officials, academics, think-tanks and NGOs to obtain information of relevance to diplomatic staff.
- Experience reporting on conferences and meetings, assisting with the scheduling, preparation and co-ordination of high-level meetings with senior stakeholders and delegations.
- Proven social media and database management skills, especially content generation, metrics analysis and development of engagement initiatives.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/embassyjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your application (on the application form & in your cover/motivation letter) where you saw this job posting.
- All recruitment queries should be sent to [email protected]