|Vacancy Notice Number:||VN#TR/2019/200|
|Position Title:||Finance Assistant|
|Classification:||One Year Fixed Term Graded Contract -with possible extension (G4)|
|Duty Station:||Istanbul- Turkey|
|Deadline of Applications:||24 October 2019|
|Number of Vacant Positions:||1|
|Eligibility:||Internal and External Candidates|
Under the overall supervision of Head of Sub-Office in Istanbul and direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer in Sub-Office in Istanbul, the incumbent will be responsible for providing finance support services to the mission’s activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify all supporting documentation and signatures are obtained before finalizing vouchers; assist in verifying invoices and ascertaining that the equipment, supplies or services they refer to were duly received or provided before proceeding with payment request.
- Handle the petty cash account and execute cash payments in both local (TRY) and foreign (USD) currencies. Maintain sufficient level of cash at all times and prepare the cash certificate on daily basis. Perform FBCJ transactions in PRISM.
- Proper recording/filing of hard copy of financial documents.
- Assist in processing financial transactions (i.e. expense claims, payment requests) of projects. Review accounting transaction reports (i.e. vouchers) for payments made Verify that supporting documents, signatures and other requirements are complete. Assist in issuance of receipts, liaising with vendors and debtors regarding payment instructions, and maintenance of orderly filing of accounting documentation.
- Perform related financial functions in the absence of colleagues.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Secondary Education preferably in Accounting or Commerce.
- Minimum 3 years of experience.
- Knowledge in financial and cash handling task.
- Familiar with excel spreadsheets, word processing and other computer tools.
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills; detail oriented, committed, efficient and flexible.
- Fluency in Turkish and English is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
• Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
• Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
• Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Integrity and transparency:
Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
• Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
• Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
• Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behavior.
• Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
• Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
• Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
• Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
• Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
• Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
• Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a “hands-on” approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
• Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Delivering Results:
•Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
• Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
• Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
• Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge:
•Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
• Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
• Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
• Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
•Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
• Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
• Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
• Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
•Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
• Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
• Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
• Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
- Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to [email protected] or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sokak No:24 Cankaya, Ankara by the end of 24 October 2019.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & cover letter how (vacanciesinturkey.com) you heard about this position.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.