- As a team leader, assumes responsibility and accountability for achieving the audit objectives. This involves:
- Prepare risk-based audit plans/programmes;
- Conduct audit field work;
- Prepare and review working papers;
- Prepare exit meeting notes; and
- Prepare draft audit reports, incorporating input from other team members;
- Assess the team members’ performance in a participatory manner and documents lessons learned;
- Provide direction and guidance to, and coaches team members ensuring effective team functioning;
- Present audit results to management;
- Monitor the status of audit recommendations and appraises adequacy of action taken on audit recommendations.
- As a team leader or a team member, conduct internal audit of UNDP country offices in the regions covered by the RAC-ECME Conduct audits in accordance with the International Standards for Internal Auditing and OAI policies;
- Assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and risk management;
- Document findings and communicates orally and/or in writing to the country offices on their compliance performance and potential for improvement;
- Recommend actions to address shortcomings identified, strengthen internal controls and improve business processes;
- Under the overall supervision of the Chief, conduct special assignments including management reviews, consulting assignments, special audits, and training workshops;
- Undertake frequent, and at times extended missions to UNDP offices including to areas with hazardous working conditions.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of professional practices within OAI;
- Participate in the implementation of his/her personal learning and training development plan;
- As necessary, assist the OAI Investigations Section on investigations mainly;
- Perform other assignments or tasks as determined by the RAC Chief or OAI Director.
- Operational audits
- Performance audits
- Financial audit
- Project audits
- Advisory services
- Microsoft Office suite
- Electronic working paper
- Computer assisted audit
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Advanced university degree (Masters) in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, or related field.
- A first level degree in combination with a certification as Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation is highly desirable.
- Additional professional certifications (CISA, CFE) are an advantage.
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in audit or another directly relevant area, several of which in internal audit (planning, leading and undertaking internal audit assignments).
- Working experience in an International Organization and field experience are desirable.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Good working knowledge of Arabic or Russian is desirable.
- Knowledge of additional United Nations official languages is an advantage.
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/undpjobs
- If you wish to apply for this position, please specify that you saw it on vacanciesinturkey.com
- vacanciesinturkey.com will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extensionLiked it? Found what you were looking for? Please take a second to support Vacancies in Turkey (ViT) on PATREON, which provides free services for both job seekers and job providers.