UNDP’s Regional Hub for Europe and the CIS is UNDP`s advisory hub for the Europe and CIS region tasked with the responsibility to provide policy and programmatic support to UNDP´s development activities in the region. Throughout UNDP´s focus areas, it works towards increasing the impact of UNDP´s activities in the region by assisting Country Offices in development of country-level initiatives through advisory services and technical support and by implementing regional-level projects in partnership with a wide range of partners supported to a global network of expertise. Under the leadership of the Director, the RBEC Regional Hub employs will a multi-disciplinary team of specialists and advisors, project managers, operations and programme support staff.
Under the guidance and supervision of the HR Manager and Operations Advisor, the HR Associate ensures execution of transparent and efficient HR services in Regional Hub ensuring timeliness, transparency and integrity. The HR Associate promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and supports to the maintenance of high staff morale.
The HR Associate can supervise clerical and support staff of the HR Unit. The HR Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the Hub and UNDP HQs staff for resolving complex HR-related issues and information exchange.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies
- Provision of HR services
- Staff performance management and career development
- Conduct of UN-related surveys
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Ensures administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
Full compliance of records and reports with UN rules, regulations, UNDP policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control framework.
RSC HR business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management, control of workloads of the supervised staff.
Provision of information to the management and staff on strategies, rules and regulations.
2. Provides HR services focusing on achievement of the following results:
Implementation of recruitment processes including drafting job description, provision of input to job classification process, vacancy announcement, screening of candidates, participation in interview panels.
Creation/update of positions in Atlas, association of positions to chart of account fields (COAs), update of COA information, setting up vendor, performing the functions of Admin.HR, Position Administrator and Absence Processor in Atlas. Preparation of contracts (Fixed Term Appointments, Temporary Appointments, Service Contracts and recurring Purchase Orders in Atlas ERP. Timely follow up with Finance staff on Global payroll issues.
Input and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivities, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas.
Maintenance of the Hub staffing table.
Preparation of submissions to the Compliance Review Panel (CRP), Contract Assets and Procurement Committee (CAP) and (Regional) Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP)
Provision of information on benefits/entitlements to the International Staff
Maintenance of the rosters including e-rosters.
Validation of cost-recovery charges in Atlas for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
Provide assistance to newcomers, including with orientations, accommodation, etc.
Internship management in the Hub.
3. Ensures proper staff performance management and career development focusing on achievement of the following results:
Provision of background information and maintenance of the related data in PMD
Participation in preparation of Whole Office Learning plan, reports and individual learning plans in consultation with the Senior Management, HR and Talent Development Manager.
4. Ensures conduct of UN-related surveys focusing on achievement of the following results:
Collection of information and preparation of reports for comprehensive and interim local salary, hardship and place-to-place surveys. Participation in the work of LSSC.
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on HR issues.
Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR.
Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Ability to persuade others to follow
- People Management
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
Ability to get things done
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
– Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
-Documents innovative strategies and new approaches
- Client Orientation
– Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
– Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
– Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
– Responds to client needs promptly
- Building Strategic Partnerships
– Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Promoting Organizational Change and Development
– Documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system
– Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
- Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
-Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
-Prepares timely inputs to reports
– Works collaboratively with team members sharing information openly and
displaying cultural awareness and sensitivity
– Proactively pursues solutions to team problems and asks for help when needed
– Works collaboratively with colleagues inside UN/UNDP as well as its partners and other stakeholders to pursue common goals
-Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Conflict Management
– Surfaces conflicts and addresses them proactively acknowledging feelings and views of all sides and redirecting energy towards a mutually acceptable solution
-Creates a climate of enthusiasm and flexibility where people feel encouraged to be innovative and give their best
- Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
– Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
– Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
– Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
– Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in HR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Labour Economics and Industrial Relations or any relevant area in Social Sciences would be desirable but not required.
- Secondary education with 6 years of relevant human resources experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of relevant Human Resources experience is required.
- Experience in ERP Systems (SAP, Atlas etc.) is an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) is required.
- Experience in UN System or NGOs is a strong asset.
Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
Important applicant information
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/undpjobs
- If you wish to apply for this position, please specify that you saw it on vacanciesinturkey.com
- vacanciesinturkey.com will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extensionLiked it? Found what you were looking for? Please take a second to support Vacancies in Turkey (ViT) on PATREON, which provides free services for both job seekers and job providers.