Bahar Organization is an independent non-profit and non-governmental organisation that provides humanitarian aids to vulnerable people without any discrimination in all its forms. BO is operating to response for the needs and basic requirement of the humanitarian crisis in Syria in the middle of the affected communities caused by the conflict the basic principles of BO’s activities are to enhance the basic life standards to the affected population by delivering the humanitarian aid based on the needs.
Overview of Position:
The Information Officer is responsible for designing and implementing a regional specific Information The overall role of the Information Management Officer (IMO) is to ensure that information required to support humanitarian operations is collected, organised and distributed to all stakeholders. IMOs can be deployed as both generalists and geographic information system (GIS) experts. Database building and maintenance are furthermore among typical IMO tasks.
Reports to: Programs Manager.
- Draft and manage the information management strategy – including the internal management of information within Bahar, document management, flows of information and discovery of data/information – and define operational and funding requirements for the implementation of the strategy.
- Analyse Syria and regional data, identify and address information management gaps, and facilitate information sharing between programmes.
- Identify new information and data requirements to support operations and provide emergency response information management support to Syria operations and within the region.
- Design and implement a structured dissemination plan for all information products and services as appropriate including the definition of standard operating procedures for clearing information products for release.
- Set standards for operational, geographical and response data to be used throughout the Syria response by programme team.
- Work closely with the Programmes Manager to ensure consistency and inter-operability between programmes’ response data and other operational data sets, and consistency between programmes and information management strategies, as well as on reporting.
- Support the promotion of data and information sharing within Bahar Organization as well as the adoption of global humanitarian data standards.
- Update 4Ws and monthly reports with information and data from the Bahar’s operational sectors.
- Provide Information Management services to support monitoring and evaluation activities within Sectorial programmes in IDP related emergencies; in areas of information flows, dissemination, processing, analysis, standard setting and dissemination.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- University degree in Information Technology, Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of different data collection methodologies. Proven skills to analyse statistical information.
- Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures.
- Ability to translate planning-specifications into technical briefs for data capture and analysis, and vice versa.
- Arabic speaker with excellent knowledge of English language.
- Interested candidates should apply by sending their CVS and a cover letter to the following email address: [email protected]
- Candidates need to indicate the position applied for in the subject line.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you discovered this job posting.
- The post will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.