Bahar Organization is an independent non-profit and non-governmental organisation that provides humanitarian aids to vulnerable people without any discrimination in all its forms. BO is operating to response for the needs and basic requirement of the humanitarian crisis in Syria in the middle of the affected communities caused by the conflict the basic principles of BO’s activities are to enhance the basic life standards to the affected population by delivering the humanitarian aid based on the needs.
Overview of Position:
The Communications Officer provides editorial and production assistance and supports the general operations and workflow of BAHAR’s organization Communications and Advocacy Department. His/her efforts actively contribute to communications and advocacy projects and products that continually raise BAHAR’s public profile, visibility, and innovation in humanitarian sector with BAHAR’s mission and strategic plan.
Reports to: Progams Manager.
- Provide editorial and production assistance and coordination for communications projects, outreach, and products, including writing, copyediting, formatting, proofreading, and basic design.
- Manage the Communications and Advocacy requests for support system (i.e., communicating with other team members to assign requests appropriately; communicating with “clients” on timelines and details; handling appropriate types of requests her/himself).
- Coordinate outsourcing/procurement of printing, translation, and other services to outside consultants and vendors.
- Maintain calendars for tracking department-coordinated products, conference participation, and events.
- Coordinate conference registrations and exhibit logistics; coordinate dissemination of publications and exhibition materials at conferences and events including maintaining/tracking stocks of materials and promotional items.
- Innovation: Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within your role that result in improvement of BAHAR’s performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
- Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high quality results for BAHAR’s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
- Service Excellence: Knowledge of and ability to put into action of service concepts, processes and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly.
- Effective Communication (Oral and Written): Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed upon strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments.
Skills / Requirements :
- Bachelor degree in English, communications, journalism, marketing or related field, with four years of experience; or Masters’ degree in one of the above or related fields, with two years of experience.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe programs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Ability to function in a face-paced environment and juggle multiple tasks at once.
- Interested candidates should apply by sending their CVS and a cover letter to the following email address: [email protected]
- Candidates need to indicate the position applied for in the subject line.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you discovered this job posting.
- The post will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.