At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online across the globe, this is your chance to make history. Amazon has a long record of growth and success in non-US geographies. Since launching its first European websites in 1998, Amazon has grown into a global leader in e-commerce, with customer-facing websites selling physical goods in five European countries, plus Japan, China, India, Canada, Mexico and Brazil. Amazon also manages a substantial cross-border business, serving customers in more than 100 countries every month with exports from our current websites.
Amazon is looking for an experienced Sales Manager to drive and lead the team recruiting sellers within one or more product families to better serve our Turkish speaking customers as part of Amazon Turkey Team.
The successful candidate will lead a team of New Account Managers, and Key Account Managers that are recruiting and launching online sellers on Amazon’s marketplace and helping them expand and grow their businesses by partnering with Amazon. The Sales Manager will be responsible for delivering new business growth and maximizing revenue generation across selected product families. Operating in a fast-moving and often ambiguous environment, the successful candidate will have full responsibility for the team performance and of achieving business and financial objectives.
As part of the role, the Sales Manager will need to analyze sales and traffic data to identify opportunities to help existing sellers succeed in the marketplace and provide competitive knowledge towards the generation of leads to recruit new sellers, both national and international. Likewise, the Sales Manager will work with a wide range of internal stakeholders both within and outside the country to support the consolidation of existing and development of new services. The successful candidate will need to take the lead on strategic projects that will drive business growth and shape the future of Amazon Merchant Services. The Sales Manager will need to work closely with Retail Category Managers to identify long term and short term growth opportunities for each category.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Manage and develop a team of up to 2-8 Account Managers to deliver on financial goals for Seller Recruitment and Seller Account Management in the Marketplace business
· Achieve business and financial objectives and lead the growth of Amazon’s third-party business in selected categories
· Identify opportunities to improve the Marketplace business for all sellers through scalable solutions and manage the roll-out of these solutions
· Act as the country lead for one our critical Account Management programs – presenting on performance (Quarterly Business Reviews), driving consistency across the WW teams
· Share learnings with your global counterparts (EU, US and Asia teams) to drive best practices and to identify new opportunities
· Conduct deep dives to understand root causes of team performance and actions to accelerate growth
· Work closely with Category teams to identify category specific growth opportunities, presenting at Category monthly business reviews
· Identify and manage projects to improve customer and seller experience, working closely with internal and external teams
· Fluency in English and Turkish
· Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Engineering or related degree required. Post-graduate education is recommended.
· 10 years of working experience in management consulting, product management or sales management
· Track record in people management skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to explain complex concepts simply
· Strong analytical skills (including advanced excel and database analysis)
· Ability to drive successful projects with a wide range of people at all decision-making levels.
· Experience solving analytical problems, either in professional experience (data analysis) or education
· Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
· Highly organised and results oriented
· High level of academic achievement at degree level. MBA is from top tier institute is highly preferred
· Ability to work with legal, product, and internal business owners to reach mutually beneficial agreements
· Strong business judgment, proven ability to influence others
· Experience using Salesforce.com or other CRM tool
· Creative, has initiative, and can constructively advocate on behalf of the customer
· Experience in retail and/or a technology / eCommerce business preferred but not essential
The position is based in Amazon’s offices in Istanbul.
The successful candidate will be an analytically driven team player who is motivated by an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
All offers are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies’ world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/amazonjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify (on the application form) where you saw this posting (vacanciesinturkey.com).