Contract: One Year Fixed Term Contract
Full-Time: 37 hours and 30 minutes per week, however flexible working hours from a minimum of 25 hours per week will be considered
Salary: 11,765 TRY per month (gross)
Security Clearance: Please Note that the successful applicant for this positon must be able to obtain and maintain an AFP issued security clearance. Only those persons holding a passport of Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada and UK are eligible to apply. Turkish passport holders are not eligible to apply. This includes dual citizens of Turkey and above stated countries.
About the Australian Federal Police
The Australian Federal Police (AFP) is a progressive and multi-faceted law enforcement agency that leads Australia’s efforts to combat transnational crime.
By employing the core principles of prevention, deterrence, partnership and innovation, the AFP strives to build a more secure future for Australia and its international partners. Countering organised crime and terrorism as well as the protection of Australia’s national security are major priorities. The four primary mechanisms by which these are achieved internationally are through strategic engagement, operational cooperation, the sharing of criminal intelligence and capacity building.
Through its International Network the AFP plays a critical role in combatting criminal activity with offshore partners in order to protect Australians and Australia’s interests. The AFP’s international engagement provides the capability to address transnational crime threats wherever they occur and contributes to Australia’s broader diplomatic efforts and international relations.
About the position
Under general direction, the AFP Office Manager is responsible for managing the AFP office, and provides administrative, financial, project, research and logistical support. The position is based in Ankara, with occasional travel to other locations possibly required. The AFP Ankara Office’s area of responsibility includes Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan and Iran.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the administrative functions of the AFP office, and ensure the delivery of support services meet operational and organisational requirements
- Manage AFP financial reporting requirements, coordinate and review budgets, undertake financial reconciliations and acquittals, process accounts payable and manage financial records
- Maintain an awareness of key investigations, and strategic and operational activities to enable accurate and timely responses to domestic and international law enforcement agencies
- Maintain and update operational file databases, foreign law enforcement and country contact lists, and country profiles
- Identify media reporting related to law enforcement issues of interest to post, perform open-source, online research, and prepare background papers and briefing materials on key issues
- Manage and coordinate travel itineraries and schedules of meetings for visiting officials and AFP Liaison Officers based in Ankara
- Assist in organising and coordinating official functions
- Provide support for official visits including, but not limited to, the preparation of suitable visit programs and liaising with other staff within the mission
- Maintain and analyse computer based information systems used by AFP staff including commercially available and proprietary word processors, database and spreadsheet software
- Draft a range of official correspondence and undertake projects on behalf of and at the direction of the SO and LO
- Liaise with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade regarding administrative and financial issues, and the delivery of services under the Service Level Agreement
- Contribute to the development of AFP business plans
Please submit a one page statement addressing the slection criteria below. You should use examples from your academic or professional background to support your claims. Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
- Relevant qualifications, or demonstrated experience in office administration, and project and financial management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to build and maintain networks
- High standard of administrative, analytical and computer based skills (particularly Microsoft Office programs)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion and integrity
- Capacity to work autonomously with minimal supervision, and a willingness to take initiative and demonstrate professional drive
- Possession of a current drivers licence, and a proven safe driving record
Please also submit your curriculum vitae (no more than two pages) outlining your academic and professional background and provide the names and contact details of two professional referees who can validate and support your application.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/afpjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your application (on the application form) where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.