The Non Food Items and Emergency Shelter (NFI&ES) Project Manager plans, develops, monitors and evaluates the assigned project(s). This involves assessing NFI&ES needs, designing projects, coordination and initiating and effectively managing and reporting on the projects in line with the objectives, timeframe and budget. Providing technical support, leadership and strategic direction, other important aspects of the role include meeting quality standards in shelter delivery, encouraging beneficiary participation, liaising with other stakeholders.
Key Activity Areas
NFI Project Management
· Manage the projects in order to meet the project objectives within budget and time frame.
· Provide strong leadership, working to ensure both short and long-term positive impacts and outcomes for the beneficiaries, local authorities and local NFI&ES staff.
· Develop and implement an effective NFI & ES strategy. Set clear objectives and indicators.
· Continuously monitor and supervise activities, overseeing the design and execution and evaluating progress through outputs and impacts using both quantitative and qualitative data.
· Provide input into the integration of beneficiary participation and accountability.
· Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities according to ACTED and donor formats.
· Manage the NFI&ES budget and ensure all expenses are according to budget and ACTED standards.
· Develop regular, transparent and supportive communication structures with the team, ACTED in-country and HQ and other relevant stakeholders, with the objective of ensuring good cooperation.
· Participate in NFI & ES coordination meetings and other working groups or meetings as required, representing and feeding back to the NFI & ES staff and field managers on relevant issues.
Administration and Operational Management of Project Implementation
· Review the BFU(s) and provide accurate forecasts with BOQs
· Forecast monthly cash requirements of the project and submit to AC
· Contribute to the development of Procurement plans
· Review and submit for approval MoUs between ACTED and beneficiaries for each household rehabilitation, working closely with Finance and Logistics to address any issues that arise.
· Contribute to quality checks and procurement committees to finalize suppliers’ selection according to the applicable scenario
· Confirm the quality of material selection when applicable
· Ensure proper management and use of the project assets and stocks
· Participate in the recruitment of technical staff (development of organograms, ToRs, elaborating the tests and reviewing them; interviews etc)
· Ensure that project staff understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities
· Follow-up the work plans and day-to-day activities of the project staff
· Manage the project staff in cooperation with Area Coordinators
· Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics
· Undertake regular appraisals of staff and follow career management
· Manage interpersonal conflicts
· Ensure capacity building among staff in relevant sectors
· Ensure project records and documents (Flat files, beneficiary list, donation certificates, attendance sheets etc) are adequately prepared, compiled and filed according to ACTED procedures
· Ensure staff awareness of, and respect of, ACTED’s code of conduct and FLATS procedures
· Ensure that each member of the project team is aware of security issues, policies, SOPs and they follow them accordingly
· Support, facilitate or undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design and implementation
· Coordinate with NGOs working on related issues and specifically on SNFI related issues.
· Attend the SNFI and WASH clusters and working groups to ensure complementary programming with other actors.
· Where relevant, liaise with donors and work closely with partners on project updates, site visits and other communication
5. Quality Control
· Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
· Ensure lessons learned are documented, shared and reflected in project planning and decision making
· Advise on and assist with, project reviews conducted by AMEU
· Ensure quality control, analysis of added-value and impact, identification and capitalization on best practices and lessons learned and provide relevant feedback for new project development
· Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members
· Draft (internal) narrative reports and contribute to the development of financial reports through regular budgetary follow up.
· Contribute to the drafting of (external) project progress reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information provided
Experience / Competencies
- · University degree in a relevant field
- · Extensive project management experience in emergency and/or development.
- Minimum of 2 years in the field of NFI and distribution projects.
- · Perfect verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
- · This position is open only for Turkish Nationals
Equal Employment Opportunities: ACTED hires its employees on the basis of merit and qualifications for the position regardless of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, political opinion, gender or disability status. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
- Interested and qualified applicants are encouraged to submit an updated English CV no later than 14th of August 2019 to the e-mail: [email protected]
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an English CV (max four pages).
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you discovered this job posting.
Any email without a correct position on the subject line will not be considered.
Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted