Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries.
Since 2012, ACTED has been implementing projects with vulnerable communities in Syria with a two-fold approach: ACTED provides life-saving support to vulnerable displaced persons, returnees, and host communities across Syria, through multi-sectorial rapid emergency services, and implements a wide range of resilience building interventions. Thus, ACTED has been able to strengthen its links with Syrian local communities and to develop an in-depth knowledge of local dynamics. A team of 900+ is currently working in Syria.
The WASH Project manager will manage WASH activities in camps in his designated area. He/She will ensure projects follow up and technical support to the field team.
1. Project Planning
- Introduce different project activities and plans to the field team.
- Plan the various stages of project implementation and set direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives.
2. Project Implementation Follow-up
- Oversee and manage the implementation of the project ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project(s) implementation.
- Organize regular project coordination meetings with project team including regular staff meetings, and coordination meeting with other departments like AME and Logistics.
- Ensure budget utilization and physical target achievements are reviewed at least once a month as per the work plan in collaboration with the In-camps WASH PM.
- Ensure project implementation is on time, target and budget, and following up on Databases and project inputs.
- Ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with relevant ACTED and humanitarian technical guidelines and standards.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks and trouble-shoot any unforeseen challenges during the project implementation
3. Administration and Operational Management of Project Implementation
- Ensure that BoQs and costs estimates submitted form WASH team are accurate.
- Aid on financial tracking for the implemented activates
Follow up on developing all Project OF / BoQs and ToRs.
Send accurate and precise order forms in a timely manner
Contribute to quality checks and procurement committees to finalize suppliers’ selection according to an applicable scenario
Confirm quality of material selection if and when applicable
Ensure proper management and use of the project assets and stocks
Plan team movements based on available fleet and applicable policies
Ensure that project staff understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities
Follow-up the work plans and day-to-day activities of the project staff
Manage the project staff in cooperation with In-camps WASH PM.
Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics.
Undertake regular appraisals of staff and follow career management.
Manage interpersonal conflicts.
Ensure capacity building among staff in relevant sectors.
Ensure project records and documents (Flat files, beneficiary list, donation certificates, attendance sheets, etc) are adequately prepared, compiled and filed according to ACTED procedures.
Ensure staff awareness of, and respect of, ACTED’s code of conduct and FLATS procedures.
4. External Relations
Support, facilitate or undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design and implementation.
Cultivate good relations with key humanitarian actors – local and international, including government authorities and non-state actors, through regular attendance at technical meetings and bilateral meetings.
Ensure that at all times contact with beneficiaries is conducted in a sensitive and respectful manner.
Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members.
Draft (internal) narrative reports and contribute to the development of financial reports through regular budgetary follow up.
Contribute to drafting of (external) project progress reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information provided
Expected skills and qualifications:
- University degree in a relevant field, (Civil, electrical, mechanical engineering is highly desirable)
- Extensive project management experience in emergency and/or development. Minimum of 5 years in the field of WASH.
- Proven capabilities in leadership and management required (large team).
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English. Ability to work well and punctually under pressure.
Equal Employment Opportunities: ACTED hires its employees on the basis of merit and qualifications for the position regardless of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, political opinion, gender or disability status. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
- Interested and qualified applicants are encouraged to submit an updated English CV no later than 14th of August 2019 to the e-mail: [email protected]
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an English CV (max four pages).
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you discovered this job posting.
Any email without a correct position on the subject line will not be considered.
Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.