International Humanitarian Relief (IHR), is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political organization was founded and registered in June 2011, in Vienna, Austria, and registered in January 2016 in Istanbul, Turkey. With the fast escalation of the events in Syria, and due to the increasing needs of the refugees in the neighboring countries, IHR established a regional office in Lebanon, Executive offices in Turkey, and 4 Field offices in Northwest and Northeast Syria to closely map the needs, implement and fund-raise for the people in need, regardless of the nationality or the place of residence (between Lebanon, Syria, Austria, and Turkey). We are committed to providing emergency aid to the most deprived communities through substantial long-term solutions in addition to its work to improve the situation both, the refugees and host communities through focusing on projects development and improving the economic situation.
IHR Webpage: https://www.ihrelief.org/en/
Under the supervision of the Finance Coordinator (FC), the Accountant Assisting the direct manager in all that he requires working within the finance department. They offer administrative support by processing paperwork and answering emails
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The introduction of restrictions to the accounting program in accordance with the accounting system adopted with the determination of cost centers, currencies, and exchange rates
- Reconciliation of bank cash accounts periodically Regularly.
- Auditing financial documents in accordance with the approved financial policy and alerting officials in the event of any shortage
- Checking and matching the era of petty expenses.
- Filing, photocopying, scanning properly finance documents, vouchers, payrolls…etc.
- Process all cash disbursements under the supervision of the Finance coordinator including review and filing of supporting documents.
- Processing and payment of salaries monthly
- Follow-up financial reports and cash payments after they are submitted to the supporting bodies until they are approved and transferred
Note: All mentioned above are key responsibilities. Other responsibilities may be appointed to this position in accordance with the employment plan of IHR.
- Languages: Excellent communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office –web management, Email, and Internet,)
- Time management and organization skills and prioritization
- Ability to work extra hours outside working hours when necessary
- Be a collaborator and have the skill to coordinate with supporting departments and other projects
- Full knowledge of accounting work and accounting software.
- Knowledge of all policies and regulations of the organization’s work systems.
Highly organized. Good skills at prioritizing tasks. Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills with the ability to interact well with people of all backgrounds. Enthusiastic, flexible about working long hours, and keen to work hard to achieve the objectives of the program.
- Experience in the accounting of non-profit organizations and accounting branches (not less than a year)
- At least 3 years’ experience in accounting work
- Working in non-profit organizations is a priority
- University degree (Accounting – Business Administration – Banking and Finance – similar branches)
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV in English with contact details (name, position, phone, and e-mail details) of three references by indicating to this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdkWOt8brPW30qLw1CKGpWNcJELMAX5PxW8aMVM0ItjD3wr5g/viewform
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.