Composite Research Scientist
Sabanci University, Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences, are looking for self motivated composite engineers to be employed in SU-KordSA Composite Technologies Center of Excellence, CTC, which is an industrial-scale research and technology development facility helping all sectors in the field of composite materials and manufacturing technologies and provide an environment to support component design, manufacture, assembly and process prototyping. The CTC is capable of manufacturing in commercial level thermoset prepregs, provide facilities for graduate education, fundamental research, applied research, product development, incubation services and commercialization opportunities in composite technologies. The center has laboratory facilities divided into 8 distinct laboratories, including, Material Characterization, Wet Chemistry, Polymer Proccessing, Micro-Nano Manufacturing, Mechanical Characterization and non-Destructive Testing, Otoclave, Advanced Composite Laboratories.
The Research Scientist will be responsible for multiscale modeling and simulation of polymer matrix fiber reinforced composites. The position will require interaction with Engineers and Scientists in the scope of wide varieties of composite materials related projects. Responsibilities include but not limited to: multiscale modeling and simulation of composites to be designed and manufactured within the scope of projects at the Composite Technologies Center of Excellence, the integration of software systems (including process modeling, mechanical simulation, multiphysics simulation, optimization and uncertainty quantification software packages), crash simulation, multiscale-multiphysics modeling and model development using software packages such as ANYSIS, ABACUS, and NASTRAN or developing an in house numerical tool or code if required for certain applications.
- A PhD degree in mechanical engineering or related engineering discipline
- Strong background in solid mechanics, finite elements, multiphysics and multiscale modeling. Proficiency in Fortran, C, C++ and proven record in code development. Parallel programming ability would be a significant asset.
- Being knowledgeable in the mechanical testing of composites materials would be a significant asset.
- Provide technical leadership and good verbal and written communication skills
- The application package should include CV, Statement of Purpose (SOP), four representative publications and names and contact information for two references. The subject line of the email applications must include “Composite Research Scientist Opening at SU-KordSA CTC”. The applicants should send their application package the attention of Associate Professor. Mehmet Yildiz ([email protected])
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your statement of purpose where you saw this posting (vacanciesinturkey.com)