AAR Japan started working in Turkey in response to Van Earthquake 2011 and was one of the first international Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) on the ground responding to the Syrian Crisis. Since 2012, AAR Japan has implemented cross-sectoral projects on basic needs, education, food security, protection and health targeting urban refugees in Gaziantep, Şanlıurfa, Mardin and Istanbul.
The project’s overall goal, on one hand, is to contribute in building a protective environment for people with disabilities by addressing their health issues, protection risks, and their vulnerabilities and on the other hand, facilitating durable solutions for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) in their interest.
AAR Japan is looking for a Project officer who will be positioned in Sanliurfa Office.
ROLE SUMMARY :
Support Head of Office in project implementation and operation. Report weekly and monthly all conducted activities to Head of office. Coordinate all activities with internal departments of Sanilurfa Urfa office. Maintain good relationships with all stakeholder of the project.
1) Support AAR Sanlirfa Head of Office in developing, implementing project activities, of case
management and outreach,
2) Develop structured modules and materials for goal-oriented recreational activities for
children under Head of Office’s supervision,
3) Coordinate, plan and manage the day-to-day operations, activities and staff of the project in
compliance with AAR Japan policies, codes and standard operating procedures,
4) Support Head of Office in monitoring and reviewing case management and outreach
activities, including ensuring quality of care and services,
5) Create and maintain constructive coordination, including referral pathways, with internal
project departments and with various external stakeholders and service providers,
6) Support Head of Office in evaluating the case management and outreach project by
conducting quality control through on-the-spot monitoring and evaluation of the activities
conducted in project site,
7) Responsible for weekly and monthly planning of activities implementation,
8) Responsible for qualitative of the project activities,
9) Draft and submit weekly and monthly progress reports to Head of Office.
Bachelor degree in a relevant educational field.
2-3 years’ experience in relevant humanitarian field.
Native Turkish speaker and fluency in English is a MUST.
Ability to work on Microsoft Office application (word, excel and outlook)
Arabic language is asset.
Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned qualification should submit their English CV, cover letter to [email protected] by indicating the code number which is SU-HPO-2019/1 in the subject line after filling the application form on :
by the 25th of September 2019.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your email and cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.
Due to the urgency of the position, AAR Japan reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Note: The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications fulfil the required criteria will be contacted for test and interview. The submitted documents will not be returned