AAR Japan started working in Turkey in response to Van Earthquake 2011 and was one of the first international Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) on the ground responding to the Syrian Crisis. Since 2012, AAR Japan has implemented cross-sectoral projects on basic needs, education, food security, protection and health targeting urban refugees in Gaziantep, Şanlıurfa, Mardin and Istanbul.
The project’s overall goal, on one hand, is to contribute in building a protective environment for people with disabilities by addressing their health issues, protection risks, and their vulnerabilities and on the other hand, facilitating durable solutions for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) in their interest.
AAR Japan is looking for a CC Officer who will be positioned in Sanliurfa Community Center.
• Conduct and support activities in community centre (sessions and events);
• Liaison with stakeholders including host community and partners;
• Monitor and evaluate community centre activities on daily basis;
• Train and instruct project assistants as necessary;
• Draft and submit weekly and monthly progress reports;
• Create and maintain constructive coordination, including referral pathways, with internal project departments and with stakeholders and service providers;
• Take care of visitors including preparing materials for explanation about CC;
• Translate among English, Arabic, and Turkish in terms of documents and conversation;
• Manage the team to be functioned and maintain their satisfaction to ensure the quality of the service;
• Coordinate public relations activity by the request of Tokyo H.Q. in case necessary;
• Conduct the works assigned by the Employer.
Required Qualification and Experiences
- Turkish citizenship holder
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Field
- More than 2 years of relevant profession experience in conducting activities in centre based venue of NGO/INGO.
- Fluency in English and Turkish.
- Experience of team management
Arabic language is asset.
Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned qualification should submit their English CV, cover letter to [email protected] by indicating the code number which is SU-CCOF-2019/A in the subject line after filling the application form on :
by the 27th of September 2019.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your email and cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.
Due to the urgency of the position, AAR Japan reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Note: The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications fulfil the required criteria will be contacted for test and interview. The submitted documents will not be returned